Who You Are:
Wayfair is looking for problem-solving entrepreneurs to join one of several positions created as part of a firm-wide Strategic Spend team transformation. At Wayfair, we move extremely fast with a laser focus on customer success. Therefore, we need strategic thinkers and adaptable doers who are great at engaging with stakeholders, are sharp analytical minds with a data-driven approach to solving problems, and are flexible multi-taskers who will flourish in a role with considerable autonomy and visibility.
With Wayfairs dynamic growth comes the need to drive smart spend decisions. Wayfairs Strategic Spend team partners closely with senior stakeholders across the business to develop spend strategies that maximize long-term ROI for the business. Our purpose is to enable our business to grow and operate more efficiently and profitably.
As a Strategic Spend Manager, you will be a key thought partner to specific key investment areas including technology and service spends across Engineering, Finance, Legal, Marketing, Sales & Customer Service, and Talent. You will be working closely with the General Manager of Strategic Spend and senior leadership in these teams to help support and drive informed spend decisions for the company.
- You will be influencing spend ownership and smarter spend decisions across Wayfair,
- You will be developing and evaluating procurement strategies with business owners that account for technology roadmaps, solution viability, vendor landscape, demand optimization, vendor performance, commercial risks, etc.
- You will be advising / coaching business leaders in strategic vendor discussions
- You will be driving data-driven category strategies, sourcing activities, and spend baselines across multiple lines of our business, helping shape and challenge the business case for specific spend initiatives
- You will be developing negotiations strategies with business owners and providing negotiations support in complex transactions with vendors to achieve optimal commercial outcomes
- You will be collaborating effectively and establishing trusting relationships across the business, using good judgement to resolve conflicting priorities and make reasoned, calculated decisions based on data, critical thinking and pattern recognition
- You will be developing strategic initiatives to improve work methodologies, usually with a Minimum Viable Product (MVP) approach, keeping in mind foundational needs and scalability; At times, you will learn from failure and quickly pivot
- You are effective at managing numerous priorities at a given time in a rapidly evolving environment, and developing a structured approach to problem solving with some oversight and direction
What You'll Need:
- Previous experience in management consulting, corporate finance, business development or a strategic field
- Bachelor's degree, plus 4+ years of experience in finance, strategy, strategic sourcing or software engineering with a track record of success. MBA preferred
- Ability to thrive in a high growth, entrepreneurial, and ambiguous environment with strong project management skills and the ability to assertively prioritize
- Ability to work cooperatively and collaboratively with all levels of employees and executive management
- Articulate and persuasive communication skills, both written and verbal
- An interest in technology and business operations, coupled with an ability to learn quickly
- A track record of successful negotiation and relationship management skills
- An ability to hit the ground running and learn quickly; a confident self-starter
About Wayfair Inc.
Wayfair is one of the worlds largest online destinations for the home. Whether you work in our global headquarters in Boston or Berlin, or in our warehouses or offices throughout the world, were reinventing the way people shop for their homes. Through our commitment to industry-leading technology and creative problem-solving, we are confident that Wayfair will be home to the most rewarding work of your career. If youre looking for rapid growth, constant learning, and dynamic challenges, then youll find that amazing career opportunities are knocking.
No matter who you are, Wayfair is a place you can call home. Were a community of innovators, risk-takers, and trailblazers who celebrate our differences, and know that our unique perspectives make us stronger, smarter, and well-positioned for success. We value and rely on the collective voices of our employees, customers, community, and suppliers to help guide us as we build a better Wayfair and world for all. Every voice, every perspective matters. Thats why were proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or genetic information.