Email is one of the largest channels at Wayfair, driving about $2B in revenue in the last year. As the email marketing team, were charged with maximizing growth and customer lifetime value in the channel by sending the right content, to the right customer, at the right time. Leveraging advanced machine learning models, deployed through our proprietary email platform and products, we partner with a multitude of cross-functional partners to deepen our relationship with our existing customers.
In this role, youll have responsibility for areas that are of key strategic importance to Wayfair, and play a major role in allowing the company to reach its $100B ambition. This includes adapting the look, feel, and experience of email marketing to facilitate Wayfairs expansion into new categories, as well as effectively messaging to affinity groups. Furthermore, the role is new and several areas of responsibility are just starting: this is a unique opportunity to bring your own vision to a scale unmatched elsewhere at the company.
What youll do
- Be responsible for developing strategy and customer journeys for emerging categories, helping Wayfair and Email message and sell categories (like appliances) that represent some of the biggest growth opportunities for the brand
- Understand and implement messaging strategies for affinities groups, those with unique yet predictable needs (like new parents or pet owners), effectively selling products along very-long-term purchasing journeys
- Be hands-on with data, perform analysis, and draw out conclusions from tests and performance. Build multi-month learning roadmaps that ladder up to overarching goals
- Lead cross-functional initiatives, partnering with creative, vertical marketing, data science, product, and engineering teams
What youll need
- Intellectual curiosity
- 4-6 years experience in digital marketing, management consulting, product, and/or corporate strategy, with experience with hands on analysis. Experience with or interest in translating insights from data into creative / messaging expressions in consumer-facing campaigns
- Ability to work independently; comfort owning major workstreams end-to-end, from strategy to planning to execution
- Excellent relationship-building skills, with the ability to persuade, convey complex ideas, and navigate stakeholder networks
- Effectively time-manage over short and long time horizons, scheduling work and deliverable timelines for multi-month projects
- Proficiency in analytical tools such as SQL and Excel
- No need for prior email marketing knowledge - we'll teach you everything you need to know about Email
About Wayfair Inc.
Wayfair is one of the worlds largest online destinations for the home. Whether you work in our global headquarters in Boston or Berlin, or in our warehouses or offices throughout the world, were reinventing the way people shop for their homes. Through our commitment to industry-leading technology and creative problem-solving, we are confident that Wayfair will be home to the most rewarding work of your career. If youre looking for rapid growth, constant learning, and dynamic challenges, then youll find that amazing career opportunities are knocking.
No matter who you are, Wayfair is a place you can call home. Were a community of innovators, risk-takers, and trailblazers who celebrate our differences, and know that our unique perspectives make us stronger, smarter, and well-positioned for success. We value and rely on the collective voices of our employees, customers, community, and suppliers to help guide us as we build a better Wayfair and world for all. Every voice, every perspective matters. Thats why were proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or genetic information.