Lets start with the disclaimers: Were an education company, but you dont need a degree to work here. Were a travel company, but you dont need stamps in your passport to work here. In fact, you dont even need a passport!
Sound counterintuitive? We believe in experiential education and are looking for lifelong learners. If youre curious to learn about others and can get behind our mission of making study abroad accessible to as many learners as possible within the United States, then this could be the role for you!
As a Manager of University Partnerships, you play a critical role in developing new business and drive growth within a given region. You will educate faculty and study abroad administrators on EF and more specifically EF College Study programs. Your focus will be to strategically understand a customers objectives and needs, and differentiate EF within the study abroad market accordingly to influence the decision makers that we are the premier partner for all of their programming. While this is not a fully in-field position, you will have the opportunity to take your skills on the road to visit new schools with a goal of leaving these meetings with a better understanding of their needs as an institution, their buying process, what we can improve of their existing programs, and new leads to follow up on and convert.
As a Manager of University Partnerships, you will be responsible for:
- Working in tandem with the Program Consultant to establish and execute a sales strategy to grow EF partnerships with study abroad offices across a region
- Engaging with multiple stakeholders within universities and colleges to understand and facilitate the individual complexities of the study abroad environment and program approval process
- Leveraging CSTs commitment to diversity, equity, inclusion and belonging, as well as our global competency frameworks to gain alignment and build new partnerships
- Supporting Group Leaders recruitment goals by creating promotion plans to spread the word about the travel programs
- Sharing insights, trends, and opportunities from the field of higher education and education abroad with our leadership team to ensure our product development is meeting the demands of the market
- Leading by example amongst the rest of the Sales team to demonstrate innovation, strategic problem solving and sales strategy, and insight gathering
- Traveling in market as needed to present on behalf of CST at universities, conferences, or other events
Your skills include:
- Sales Mindset
- Driven to exceed measurable performance goals
- Innately possess a killer instinct and antennae that allows you to define opportunity quickly
- Consultative mindset to identify the right solutions for a customer
- Generous in extending trust and willingness to try new ideas, policies, and processes
- Willing to receive and implement feedback; someone coachable and is seeking ongoing professional growth
- Clear and effective communication through strong verbal and written skills
- Ability to de-escalate situations with customers
- Command of an audience during presentations
- Relationship Building
- Quick to connect and build rapport, eager to expand EF College Study Abroad's network
- Demonstrates an individualized approach and will work to understand the needs of each customer
- Collaborative and works optimistically with others
- Can share in the passion to provide travel opportunities to as many students as possible
- Solutions Oriented
- Empathetic and creative problem solver
- Keen attention to detail to fully understand the impact decisions have on all parts of the business
- Time Management
- Skilled at juggling multiple priorities at once and managing your time
- A go-getter and believes that nothing is impossible, willing to put in effort and hard work to accomplish your goals
- Decisive and confident fearless when faced with uncertainty
EF College Study Abroad partners with college and university faculty around the country to help them organize study abroad programs for their students. We focus on international programs to Europe, Latin America, Asia, and almost everywhere in between.
The Benefits & Perks:
Knowing that the work you do each day changes students lives is inspiring, working with a group of remarkable teammates is motivating, and on top of that youll have the opportunity to:
- Guaranteed base salary (please note, this is NOT a commission-based role) + bonus potential and 25% company match on your 401(k)
- Expand your worldview with paid business travel plus three weeks of paid vacation time to start (and four weeks starting in year two)
- EF is proud to offer a market-leading health and dental benefits plan
- Stay healthy with on-site fitness classes and access to Employee Assistance Programs
- Competitive fertility assistance benefits and paid parental leave programs
Live your Truth:
- We believe our business, like our world, is better when we embrace diversity, equity, inclusion and belonging
- Build your network by joining College Studys Diversity, Equity, Inclusion & Belonging committee
- Join one (or several) of our employee led clubs or affinity (we call themEF-inity) groups such as, LGBTQ+ @ EF, Black @ EF, Latinos @ EF, API @ EF, and Indigenous @ EF. Dont see a resource group, affinity group or club that matches your passion? Feel free to create one!
- We work in an open environment without cubicles or private offices
- Enjoy comprehensive in-house professional development opportunities with weekly and monthly trainings and workshops
- Keep up that student mentality with free in-house language classes and an annual stipend for continued education
Live for FUN!
- Explore the neighborhood with discounts to local gyms, businesses, concert tickets, and sporting events
- Explore the world with discounts on hotels, flights, rental cars, as well as paid travel.
- Enjoy our in-house cafe, bar, hair salon, and fitness center
About EF Education First
At EF we believe that the world is better when people try to understand one another. Since 1965, we have helped millions of people see new places, experience new cultures, and learn new things about the world and about themselves. Our culturally immersive education programsfocused on language, travel, cultural exchange, and academicsturn dreams into international opportunities.
When you join EF, you join a multicultural and diverse community working across more than 600 schools and offices in 50 countries, all with one shared mission of opening the world through education. Whoever you are, whatever you are passionate aboutwe welcome you and want you to bring that to work every day. EF is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and we are committed to inclusion and belonging across race, ethnicity, gender, age, religion, caste, parental status, identity, experience and everything else that makes you unique.
Founded in Sweden in 1965, EF has school and offices around the world, including hubs in Boston, London, Mexico City, So Paulo, Shanghai, Stockholm, Zrich, and more. Learn more at https://ef.com.