Over the coming years, biotech will fundamentally rewrite the way we live. Gene editing and cell therapy are dramatically changing how we treat cancer and other major illnesses. Biofuels and biomaterials are transforming the cars we drive, the clothes we wear, and the makeup of everyday objects. Crop science and synthetic biology are producing sustainable and ethical food. Benchlings mission is to accelerate the research that propels us towards this reality, and magnify its impact, through modern software.
Every day, scientists around the world use Benchlings applications, platform, & analytics in their efforts to solve humanitys most pressing problems. For these scientists, Benchling is the central technology they use to conduct their research. Our customers include pharmaceutical giants, leading biotechs, and the worlds most renowned research institutes.
Benchling is seeking a talented Marketing Analytics leader, who will lead the team responsible for accurate data collection, processing, modeling and analysis for marketing. The right person is eager to learn and grow at a fast-paced, high-growth company - finding joy in juggling multiple projects that require identifying people, process, or technology improvements.
This leader will be critical to the success of Benchlings Marketing team as they will create and build the team responsible for all reporting metrics through top, middle, and bottom-of-funnel, delivering actionable analytics and insights. The ideal candidate will possess a track record of success when it comes to creating full-funnel Marketing analytics, as well as planning and forecast models. They will also possess great skills in communication, collaboration, project management, and thrive working in a fast-paced environment. They will seek to create value for cross functional stakeholders, and will convey findings in a clear, actionable way to managers and senior leaders.
This role requires a strong leader with field and pipeline focus, an entrepreneurial, solution-driven mindset and an appetite for ongoing transformation. The ideal candidate will have experience in multiple analytical tools and data modeling, as well as translating business goals into agile, insightful analytics. Experience in life sciences or R&D in other key verticals (e.g., agriculture, consumer packaged goods, industrial goods) is desired.
WHAT YOU WILL WORK ON
- Partner and collaborate with cross functional stakeholders (Marketing, Sales, Sales Operations, Product) to organize and drive successful completion of data insight initiatives and determine requirements for reports and dashboards for the marketing team to align and operate from.
- Build, develop and maintain data models, reporting systems, data automation systems, dashboards and performance metrics support that support key business decisions, with a focus on lead to revenue funnel.
- Using marketing attribution models, communicate performance insights, optimization opportunities, and return on marketing investment (ROMI) to stakeholders and Marketing leaders.
- Recruit, train, develop and supervise analyst-level employees.
- Oversee the design and delivery of reports and insights that analyze marketing function targets and performance metrics, along with lead to revenue funnel.
- Use advanced data modeling, predictive modeling and analytical techniques to interpret key findings from company data and leverage these insights into initiatives that will support business outcomes.
- Manage and optimize processes for data intake, validation, as well as modeling, visualization and communication deliverables.
- Anticipate future demands of initiatives related to people, technology, budget and business within your department and design/implement solutions to meet these needs.
- Ensure data accuracy and consistent reporting by designing and creating optimal processes and procedures for analytics employees to follow.
- Partner with Sales Operations to identify potential gaps between the Marketing pipeline targets and goals for Marketing sourced pipeline, along with process to drive discussion and address across sales and marketing.
- Bachelors degree in marketing, business or a technical field
- 5+ years of experience in marketing operations, marketing analytics, sales analytics or related field
- Passion for educating others, technology/systems, data/reporting and operational excellence
- Working knowledge of data mining principles: predictive analytics, mapping, collecting data from multiple data systems on premises and cloud-based data sources.
- Strong problem solving, quantitative and analytical abilities.
- Ability to prioritize and manage various projects based on the changing business requirements.
- Strong SQL skills, ability to perform effective querying involving multiple tables and subqueries.
- The ability to synthesize data, summarize issues, and think outside the box is essential
- Understanding of and experience using analytical concepts and statistical techniques: hypothesis development, designing tests/experiments, analyzing data, drawing conclusions, and developing actionable recommendations for business units.
Benchling welcomes everyone. We believe every member of our team enriches our diversity and inclusion by broadening our ways of problem-solving for future challenges. Even if you don't meet 100% of the qualifications for this job, we strongly encourage you to apply.
- Admit mistakes and shortcomings
- Deliver results
- Disagree and commit
- Obsess over customers
- Rely on work ethic
- Show empathy
- Recruit and develop the best
- Sweat the details
- Think and communicate clearly
- Unite around the mission
PERKS AND BENEFITS
- Work with a talented yet humble team
- Competitive compensation & equity package
- Weekly virtual social events, and annual company retreats
- 401k, Medical, dental, and vision insurance (US Employees Only)
- Monthly health & wellness stipend
- Yearly educational stipend
- Flexible & Generous Vacation Policy: If you feel you need a break, you can talk directly with your manager to find coverage and support while you are out of the office. Need time off to vote? We've got you covered.
- Quarterly company-wide mental health days off
- Holiday Shut-down: company-wide holiday shut-down between Christmas Eve and New Years
- Major US and EMEA holidays observed
- To support remote work conditions during the COVID-19 pandemic, Benchling provides each employee a one-time stipend of $1,000(USD) upon commencing employment, and additional discounted employee purchase plans for home-office equipment.
Protecting the health of our employees and the candidates interested in a role at Benchling is our top priority. We appreciate your understanding and being open and flexible with any changes related to our interviewing process.
For applicants for U.S.-based roles only: All new hires in the United States are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and to provide proof of vaccination prior to their first day of employment. If you are unable to be vaccinated for medical or religious reasons, we will explore potential reasonable accommodations; however, Benchling may not be able to grant such accommodations in all cases if doing so would cause an undue hardship.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We also consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law, including but not limited to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.