Over the coming years, biotech will fundamentally rewrite the way we live. Gene editing and cell therapy are dramatically changing how we treat cancer and other major illnesses. Biofuels and biomaterials are transforming the cars we drive, the clothes we wear, and the makeup of everyday objects. Crop science and synthetic biology are producing sustainable and ethical food. Benchlings mission is to accelerate the research that propels us towards this reality, and magnify its impact, through modern software.
Every day, scientists around the world use Benchlings applications, platform, & analytics in their efforts to solve humanitys most pressing problems. For these scientists, Benchling is the central technology they use to conduct their research. Our customers include pharmaceutical giants, leading biotechs, and the worlds most renowned research institutes.
Benchling is seeking a talented Marketing Data Analyst who will be responsible for building, monitoring, and optimizing the marketing demand funnel end-to-end. The ideal candidate will have digital demand generation and performance marketing acumen with proven experience in multiple analytical tools and data modeling, as well as translating business goals into agile, insightful analytics.
This candidate will be in a critical position, educating and empowering stakeholders while creating a foundation for future analysts. We believe that analytics teams should operate like product teams, data should be used as critical evidence to inform and influence strategy, and everyone in the company can be empowered to use data.
Experience in life sciences or R&D in other key verticals (e.g., agriculture, consumer packaged goods, industrial goods) is desired.
WHAT YOU WILL WORK ON
- Create and rollout smart, insightful dashboards and reports tracking pipeline performance to promote data-driven decision-making and optimize conversion
- Develop a cadence and ritual for monitoring the health of global business to inform strategic recommendations about where to allocate investments across pipeline generating marketing teams
- Develop and maintain the quality & timeliness of dashboards used by the Marketing and Executive teams
- Become a subject matter expert and trusted partner for your supported marketing teams, participating in team meetings and KPI reviews
- Partner cross functionally to develop and execute annual and quarterly global demand plan that drives revenue through direct and indirect sales teams
- Lead and manage the end-to-end strategy for the Marketing demand funnel in conjunction with inside sales, digital demand, field, and sales operations
- Enable and train your supported teams to become confident consumers of dashboards and other components of our data product
- Build on and document our data sources, models, metrics, and dashboards in a way that increases our teams long term efficiency and output
- Bachelors degree in marketing, business or a technical field
- 3+ years of experience in statistics, analytics, and databases
- Strong analytical skills, both in modeling, visualization and measurement (SQL required)
- A highly analytical mind with a demonstrated ability to conduct and interpret quantitative and qualitative analyses
- Ambitious self-starter who will be able to deliver results
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate cross functionally, managing and executing projects with ability to effectively prioritize projects and meet recurring deadlines
- Experience in both internal and external storytelling and executive presentations
- Excellent ability to communicate complicated and nuanced insights in accessible language to relevant stakeholders
- Strong time management and organizational skills
- Ability to adapt to shifting priorities, requirements and timelines by utilizing problem-solving skills
Benchling welcomes everyone. We believe every member of our team enriches our diversity and inclusion by broadening our ways of problem-solving for future challenges. Even if you don't meet 100% of the qualifications for this job, we strongly encourage you to apply.
- Admit mistakes and shortcomings
- Deliver results
- Disagree and commit
- Obsess over customers
- Rely on work ethic
- Show empathy
- Recruit and develop the best
- Sweat the details
- Think and communicate clearly
- Unite around the mission
PERKS AND BENEFITS
- Work with a talented yet humble team
- Competitive compensation & equity package
- Weekly virtual social events, and annual company retreats
- 401k, Medical, dental, and vision insurance (US Employees Only)
- Monthly health & wellness stipend
- Yearly educational stipend
- Flexible & Generous Vacation Policy: If you feel you need a break, you can talk directly with your manager to find coverage and support while you are out of the office. Need time off to vote? We've got you covered.
- Quarterly company-wide mental health days off
- Holiday Shut-down: company-wide holiday shut-down between Christmas Eve and New Years
- Major US and EMEA holidays observed
- To support remote work conditions during the COVID-19 pandemic, Benchling provides each employee a one-time stipend of $1,000(USD) upon commencing employment, and additional discounted employee purchase plans for home-office equipment.
Protecting the health of our employees and the candidates interested in a role at Benchling is our top priority. We appreciate your understanding and being open and flexible with any changes related to our interviewing process.
For applicants for U.S.-based roles only: All new hires in the United States are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and to provide proof of vaccination prior to their first day of employment. If you are unable to be vaccinated for medical or religious reasons, we will explore potential reasonable accommodations; however, Benchling may not be able to grant such accommodations in all cases if doing so would cause an undue hardship.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We also consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law, including but not limited to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.