Are you a curious person with a true test, learn, and optimize mindset? Do you have a constant and relentless desire to better understand the inputs driving performance and to optimize and improve those results day in and day out? Are you passionate about international travel?
Our Marketing Director of Ecommerce is responsible for leading conversion marketing. You will be driving the long term, profitable growth of EF Ultimate Break through strategic positioning and tactical execution of the customer journey. From conversion optimization, marketing technology, and data analysis to platform management, testing and audience segmentation, this role is ideal for a hands-on self starter who’s comfortable and resilient in a high-performance environment.
What you’ll do:
- Oversight of mission-critical current and future conversion channels (outside of paid media) and programs including, but not limited to:
- Email & text streams (segmentation, customization, analysis/optimization)
- Site optimization and testing across the shopping journey (ongoing behavioral/trigger optimizations)
- Promotions & discount strategy and execution
- Lead form and journey optimization
- Landing page strategy & performance (promotional AND ad traffic)
- Merchandising strategy, tracking, testing and performance (in partnership with Market Development)
- Create, manage and optimize activities/features across mid-funnel and bottom-funnel marketing channels to meet or beat pre-defined KPIs
- Lead rapid prototyping and in market A/B tests across key site/landing pages, lead forms, emails and cart to drive optimal UX & conversion
- Create annual promotional plan (including discount strategy in collaboration with Finance)
- Analyze channel performance, synthesize findings, share and execute recommendations
- Partner and work collaboratively with cross functional teams including technology, finance, sales, paid media, creative, content and market development
- Leverage past experiences as an outstanding problem-solver and strategic thinker with proven success to deliver best in class digital and omni-channel customer experiences
- Leverage excellent interpersonal and people-leadership skills to align teams using a broad range of influence styles that drive desired results
- Demonstrate strong team leadership by providing direction, understanding resource capabilities, and successfully driving results
Who you are:
- 7-10 years of DTC marketing experience with a focus on e-commerce and user experience
- Proven track record with B2C/DTC ecommerce brands
- In-depth proficiency in managing a marketing tech stack including, but not limited to Google Analytics, Site A/B Testing platforms, Marketing Cloud and MixPanel
- Experience with email marketing and lead nurturing workflows
- Experience working directly with creative staff
- Able to effectively juggle multiple projects at one time
- An insatiably curious eye toward industry trends and insights
- Passion for innovation at the intersection of travel and Gen Z/millennials
Who We Are
EF Ultimate Break inspires young adults to participate in life-changing travel experiences across the globe. EF Ultimate Break is a division of EF Education First and is the easiest way to travel abroad for anyone 18-29 years old. Every trip gives travelers the chance to make friends, explore new places, and immerse themselves in different cultures – on fun, affordable, life-changing adventures.
About EF Education First
At EF we believe that the world is better when people try to understand one another. Since 1965, we have helped millions of people see new places, experience new cultures, and learn new things about the world and about themselves. Our culturally immersive education programs—focused on language, travel, cultural exchange, and academics—turn dreams into international opportunities.
When you join EF, you join a multicultural and diverse community working across more than 600 schools and offices in 50 countries, all with one shared mission of opening the world through education. Whoever you are, whatever you are passionate about—we welcome you and want you to bring that to work every day. EF is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and we are committed to inclusion and belonging across race, ethnicity, gender, age, religion, parental status, identity, experience, and everything else that makes you unique.
Founded in Sweden in 1965, EF has school and offices around the world, including hubs in Boston, London, Mexico City, São Paulo, Shanghai, Stockholm, Zürich, and more. Learn more at https://ef.com