Over the coming years, biotech will fundamentally rewrite the way we live. Gene editing and cell therapy are dramatically changing how we treat cancer and other major illnesses. Biofuels and biomaterials are transforming the cars we drive, the clothes we wear, and the makeup of everyday objects. Crop science and synthetic biology are producing sustainable and ethical food. Benchlings mission is to accelerate the research that propels us towards this reality, and magnify its impact, through modern software.
Every day, scientists around the world use Benchlings applications, platform, & analytics in their efforts to solve humanitys most pressing problems. For these scientists, Benchling is the central technology they use to conduct their research. Our customers include pharmaceutical giants, leading biotechs, and the worlds most renowned research institutes.
We are looking for a passionate Marketing Intern to help our Campaigns team run cross-functional, global marketing programs. In this role, you will work hand-in-hand with our Small & Medium Business Campaign Manager to strategize, coordinate, and execute campaigns that draw upon the skills of numerous Marketing team members to drive customer demand in key audience segments. You will generate pipeline revenue to support our sales goals while gaining exposure to email marketing, digital marketing, website marketing, content marketing, event marketing, and marketing strategy, among other functional areas. The ideal candidate will be exceptionally detail-oriented and creative, as well as eager to get exposure to many different areas of marketing.
WHAT YOU WILL WORK ON
- Work with Small & Medium Business Campaign Manager to craft campaign strategy for new marketing campaigns.
- Develop campaign messaging to be used across digital assets and events.
- Coordinate the creation and promotion of new marketing assets, including digital ads, emails, and content.
- Collaborate with other teams to execute on multi-channel campaign strategy, including Design, Event Marketing, Product Marketing, and Content Marketing.
- Collaborate with Marketing Operations to analyze the success of campaign programs.
- Refresh our database of contacts and accounts to ensure data accuracy and completeness.
- Are working towards a Bachelors or Masters degree in Business, Communication, or similar degree and/or Biology, Chemistry, or similar degree
- Preferred experience or internships on marketing teams for SaaS companies
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Strong attention to detail
Benchling welcomes everyone. We believe every member of our team enriches our diversity and inclusion by broadening our ways of problem-solving for future challenges. Even if you don't meet 100% of the qualifications for this job, we strongly encourage you to apply.
- Admit mistakes and shortcomings
- Deliver results
- Disagree and commit
- Obsess over customers
- Rely on work ethic
- Show empathy
- Recruit and develop the best
- Sweat the details
- Think and communicate clearly
- Unite around the mission
PERKS AND BENEFITS
- Work with a talented yet humble team
- Competitive compensation & equity package
- Weekly virtual social events, and annual company retreats
- 401k, Medical, dental, and vision insurance (US Employees Only)
- Monthly health & wellness stipend (Currently US Employees Only)
- Yearly educational stipend (Currently US Employees Only)
- Flexible & Generous Vacation Policy: If you feel you need a break, you can talk directly with your manager to find coverage and support while you are out of the office. Need time off to vote? We've got you covered.
- Quarterly company-wide mental health days off
- Holiday Shut-down: company-wide holiday shut-down between Christmas Eve and New Years
- Major US and EMEA holidays observed
- To support remote work conditions during the COVID-19 pandemic, Benchling provides each employee a one-time stipend of $1,000(USD) upon commencing employment, and additional discounted employee purchase plans for home-office equipment.
In following best practices and safety protocols, all Benchling employees are expected to work remotely until we are further advised that it is safe for employees to resume work in their respective office locations.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We also consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law, including but not limited to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.