Who we are
The future of ecommerce is Mobile and the future of Mobile is on Apps. Wayfairs Mobile App is a key consumer touchpoint, uniquely positioned to instill a deeper, more persistent connection with our millions of active customers and to serve as the central thread uniting the Wayfair customer experience. Our App is a fast-growing and strategic platform, driving step-function improvements in long-term customer value. As such, Wayfair has ambitious, high-visibility plans to scale the platform - by sharing its loyalty-enhancing benefits more widely across our customer file and by further increasing platform incrementality via a stickier and more engaging experience.
App Marketing is responsible for generating these business-wide loyalty outcomes across Wayfair and the four Luxury and Specialty Retail Brands (AllModern, Joss & Main, Birch Lane, Perigold). Our team operates as a well-funded startup, defining full-funnel App strategy (i.e., user acquisition and retention) and collaborating across functional disciplines to execute. This includes activities such as: managing digital advertising campaigns to drive installs (e.g., Facebook, Google), optimizing App Store listings, integrating App messaging across owned media touchpoints, and communicating new App features and offerings to our customers. We partner closely with a wide variety of internal teams (Data Science, Ad Tech, App Product, Promotions, Creative, etc.) to build the capabilities and tooling necessary to enhance our marketing efficacy and to provide a more personalized and sticky app experience to our users. We leverage advanced analytics, sophisticated in-house models, deep expertise in the platform and creative best practices, and rigorous testing to solve complex analytical and technical challenges and grow our App business.
We are seeking collaborative, analytical, and creative problem-solvers to drive forward the innovation necessary to scale our Apps and unlock the next phase of Wayfairs growth.
What youll do
- Pioneer the paid app advertising strategy & roadmap for Wayfair North America, instituting rigorous test-and-learn methodologies to drive awareness and adoption of the app, efficiently growing our user base through high quality installs.
- Manage and optimize multi-million dollar advertising campaigns via advancements in our targeting, bidding, and creative strategies.
- Partner closely with external vendors, including Google, Facebook and Apple, to test new growth products and advertising tools, and to influence their strategic roadmaps.
- Trail-blaze a playbook for advertising partner expansion to further our reach and fuel program growth.
- Analyze and tightly manage program performance & ROI - quickly identifying meaningful trends and reacting to deviations from plan agilely and strategically.
- Enact continuous process improvement and automation in order to improve operational efficiency, as well as campaign stability and health.
- Work cross-functionally with Data Science, Ad Tech, and Creative to drive innovation and growth via new capabilities (e.g. models, measurement, audiences, etc.).
Who You Are
- 4+ years experience in a heavily quantitative and analytical role
- Dynamic self-starter with high operational acumen and an entrepreneurial mindset, looking to make a big impact in a growing organization
- Excellent analytical skills with experience turning complex and disparate data sets into business strategy; comfortable in a data-driven environment
- Able to independently identify value, scope ambiguous problems, prioritize and execute on solutions
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- Collaborative team player who wants to see themselves and others thrive
- BA with strong academic record (strong preference for quantitative backgrounds)
- Familiarity with Excel, SQL, and Test and Learn practices
About Wayfair Inc.
Wayfair is one of the worlds largest online destinations for the home. Whether you work in our global headquarters in Boston or Berlin, or in our warehouses or offices throughout the world, were reinventing the way people shop for their homes. Through our commitment to industry-leading technology and creative problem-solving, we are confident that Wayfair will be home to the most rewarding work of your career. If youre looking for rapid growth, constant learning, and dynamic challenges, then youll find that amazing career opportunities are knocking.
No matter who you are, Wayfair is a place you can call home. Were a community of innovators, risk-takers, and trailblazers who celebrate our differences, and know that our unique perspectives make us stronger, smarter, and well-positioned for success. We value and rely on the collective voices of our employees, customers, community, and suppliers to help guide us as we build a better Wayfair and world for all. Every voice, every perspective matters. Thats why were proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or genetic information.