Over the coming years, biotech will fundamentally rewrite the way we live. Gene editing and cell therapy are dramatically changing how we treat cancer and other major illnesses. Biofuels and biomaterials are transforming the cars we drive, the clothes we wear, and the makeup of everyday objects. Crop science and synthetic biology are producing sustainable and ethical food. Benchlings mission is to accelerate the research that propels us towards this reality, and magnify its impact, through modern software.
Every day, scientists around the world use Benchlings applications, platform, & analytics in their efforts to solve humanitys most pressing problems. For these scientists, Benchling is the central technology they use to conduct their research. Our customers include pharmaceutical giants, leading biotechs, and the worlds most renowned research institutes.
As a web developer in the Marketing team at Benchling, you will work on delivering web experiences that attract, engage, and convert visitors of Benchling.com. This role includes a combination of both front-end and back-end responsibilities from developing new web experiences to integrating third-party applications and managing our CMS and back-end infrastructure.
Youll partner with a variety of Marketing teams to drive a world-class marketing web experience and ensure the website is technically sound, optimized, and successful in helping us achieve our goals and KPIs.
WHAT YOU WILL WORK ON
- Build easy-to-use and performant websites serving multiple partners across marketing and design
- Participate in the full development lifecycle, including estimation, design, development, testing, and deployment
- Collaborate with our Creative team to develop website designs and page components that provide an amazing web experience
- Continually improve the CMS authoring experience to simplify and fast-track the creation of web content pieces.
- Manage integrations and APIs
- Implement technical SEO fixes and recommendations
- Manage our web hosting platform. Make necessary updates and improvements for optimal performance.
- Review and respond to operational issues, escalating as necessary
- Understand the technical constraints of a project, and make pragmatic tradeoffs with stakeholders
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in front-end and back-end web development
- Experience working with design teams to bring to life UI/UX designs and components
- Solid understanding of usability, responsive design, testing, and technical SEO
- Strong experience developing within a Content Management System (ie. Drupal, Contentful, Wordpress)
- Experience working with modern front-end UI frameworks - React.js, Vue.js, Gatsby.js, Next.js, Nuxt.js, or similar
- Experience with best practices in code standards and working in a code repo (linting, code reviews, branching strategies, CICD)
- Experience working with APIs and integrating 3rd party tools/services
- Experience with Google Tag Manager, Google Analytics, and other technologies that track marketing data.
- Familiarity with marketing automation tools such as Pardot or Marketo.
- Proven track record of taking product goals and requirements and delivering business solutions
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
Benchling welcomes everyone. We believe every member of our team enriches our diversity and inclusion by broadening our ways of problem-solving for future challenges. Even if you don't meet 100% of the qualifications for this job, we strongly encourage you to apply.
- Admit mistakes and shortcomings
- Deliver results
- Disagree and commit
- Obsess over customers
- Rely on work ethic
- Show empathy
- Recruit and develop the best
- Sweat the details
- Think and communicate clearly
- Unite around the mission
PERKS AND BENEFITS
- Work with a talented yet humble team
- Competitive compensation & equity package
- Weekly virtual social events, and annual company retreats
- 401k, Medical, dental, and vision insurance (US Employees Only)
- Monthly health & wellness stipend
- Yearly educational stipend
- Flexible & Generous Vacation Policy: If you feel you need a break, you can talk directly with your manager to find coverage and support while you are out of the office. Need time off to vote? We've got you covered.
- Quarterly company-wide mental health days off
- Holiday Shut-down: company-wide holiday shut-down between Christmas Eve and New Years
- Major US and EMEA holidays observed
- To support remote work conditions during the COVID-19 pandemic, Benchling provides each employee a one-time stipend of $1,000(USD) upon commencing employment, and additional discounted employee purchase plans for home-office equipment.
Protecting the health of our employees and the candidates interested in a role at Benchling is our top priority. We appreciate your understanding and being open and flexible with any changes related to our interviewing process.
For applicants for U.S.-based roles only: All new hires in the United States are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and to provide proof of vaccination prior to their first day of employment. If you are unable to be vaccinated for medical or religious reasons, we will explore potential reasonable accommodations; however, Benchling may not be able to grant such accommodations in all cases if doing so would cause an undue hardship.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We also consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law, including but not limited to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.