A Pair Matching Specialist
Cultural Care Au Pair
Optional cover letter can be submitted with your application.
About Cultural Care:
At Cultural Care Au Pair, we believe that cultural exchange has the power to make the world a more welcoming, understanding, and open place. We build global families by bringing together international visitors with American host familiesproviding meaningful childcare for families, an unforgettable year in America for au pairs, and a culturally enriching experience for both parties.
We are proud to be the largest and most trusted au pair organization in the world, having successfully placed more than 120,000 au pairs into welcoming American homes since 1989. Our program is strictly regulated, and our dedicated staff work together to ensure each participant has the experience of a lifetime.
Here at Cultural Care, we are a team of problem-solvers, relationship-builders, and innovators who are constantly thinking about how we can evolve our program experience, respond to micro- and macro-level challenges, and stay relevant to our global customers.
About the role:
The Matching Specialist role is super dynamic. You are working with host families during a special window of time between when they register for our program and when they select their au pair. The position reports to a Director of Placement & Sales based in either our Austin, Boston or Denver hub offices.
On a daily basis you will listen to our customers (sometimes short, sometimes long) list of criteria, and guide them through this very important decision, which will directly affect their lives over the next year or more. You will talk to parents every day about their families, their schedules, their personalities, and their hopes for an amazing cultural exchange experience. If you can connect with people quickly, as well as follow up with a sense of urgency and desire to help, you will be great at this job. We guarantee lots of interesting stories!
This is a truly unique and diverse role in which your aptitude for active listening, problem-solving, keeping details straight and hitting weekly goals are all equally important. Your consultative approach and relationship building skills combined with sales expertise will come in handy. You will be responsible for hitting goals within a defined region. Time management is essential as you keep track of your host families and their needs. Sound overwhelming? It can be. If youre the type of person that thrives on a challenge and enjoys working in team dynamics along side amazing colleagues, this could be the role for you!
Some things about you:
- You are competitive and love hitting goals.
- You are adept at organizing multiple competing priorities.
- While others are bogged down in the reactive, you find ways to be proactive.
- You truly love talking to people and are excited by the idea of helping create global families.
- Challenge and high-pressure situations excite you youd much rather be crazy busy than bored.
- You are resourceful. I have no idea is not in your vocabulary. You are solutions oriented.
- Your communication and customer service skills are in a dead heat for first place you are not one to shy away from a difficult conversation.
- While we will provide the training, you come with the emotional maturity and life experience to coach families on issues of childcare.
Some nitty gritty:
This job requires some Saturday work (4-6 times/year) and our team does have a peak season where, to hit your targets, you will find that extra hours may be necessary. After 1 year, you will be invited to travel to an international Cultural Care office. Sometimes we celebrate hitting goals and honoring overseas visitors with evening dinners and events. We also have opportunities to dress up like superheroes and 90s Rockstars and attend Disco-themed parties. If this sounds appealing to youyou should apply. Our over-the-top culture permeates everything we do.
Why Youll Love Working Here:
Work in our beautiful Denver office where youll enjoy comprehensive professional development, frequent social programming, and employee-run social groups including our EFinity groups: [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected] and [email protected] You can also expect:
- Eligibility for our Workplace Flexibility Program: our pilot hybrid work model with up to two days of remote work per week, after your initial onboardinng
- Robust professional growth opportunities including monthly trainings, workshops, and inspiring talks with global leaders and experts
- Three weeks paid vacation your first year (four weeks starting in year two) and nine paid holidays
- 25% company match on your 401(k)
- Excellent medical, dental, and vision coverage, along with life and disability insurance
- Wellness benefits including onsite and virtual classes run by EF instructors, and a yearly fitness reimbursement
- EF program discounts including travel, language schools, childcare, and more
- Dependent care, healthcare, and commuter flexible spending accounts (FSAs)
- Discounts at local venues and businesses
- International Travel Opportunities
Cultural Care Au Pair is associated with EF Education First, the world leader in international education. At EF we believe that the world is better when people try to understand one another. Since 1965, we have helped
millions of people see new places, experience new cultures, and learn new things about the world and about themselves. Our culturally immersive education programsfocused on language, travel, cultural exchange, and
academicsturn dreams into international opportunities.
When you join EF, you join a multicultural and diverse community working across 600 schools and offices in 50 countries, all with one shared mission of opening the world through education. Whoever you are, whatever you
are passionate aboutwe welcome you and want you to bring that to work every day. EF is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and we are committed to inclusion and belonging across race, ethnicity, gender
identity/expression, sexual orientation, age, religion, ability, parental status, experience and everything else that makes you unique.
Founded in Sweden in 1965, EF has school and offices around the world, including hubs in Boston, London, Mexico City, So Paulo, Shanghai, Stockholm, Zrich, and more. Learn more at https://ef.com.
EF Equal Opportunity Employment Statement:
EF Education First is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and is committed to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All qualified applicants will be considered for employment regardless of age, ancestry, color, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, national origin, physical or mental disability, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, parental status, Veteran status, or any other status or characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. Discrimination or harassment based upon any of these factors is wholly inconsistent with everything we believe in and will not be tolerated. Furthermore, such discrimination or harassment may violate the laws and regulations in the locations in which we operate.