We are looking for aMedical Coding Service Integrity Senior Associate to join our Technology Enabled Services division. You will be responsible for developing and implementing solutions to improve customer value and athena operational efficiency. But enough about us; lets talk about you.
You are a strong analytical problem solver and an excellent communicator. You are a critical thinker who creates business cases, influences stakeholders, and demonstrates command of the technical and industry knowledge.
The Team:Our Technology Enabled Services Team is responsible for leveraging technology to empower our teams to work more effectively and efficiently so that we can focus our energies on high value tasks for our customers. This technology enables us to effectively deliver the servicesathenapromises our customers and the marketplace.
- Use both hard data analysis and qualitative evaluation to determine root causes of a problem
- Analyze trends to deliver clear and compelling data story to stakeholders
- Lead initiatives and projects that improve client and operational outcomes over a planning cycle, representing broad subject matter expertise
- Provide support, mentoring, and ongoing education opportunities for new hires and colleagues across Service Integrity, creating content and collateral as needed
- CPC Certification required
- Bachelors Degree (or commensurate level of professional experience)
- 3-5 years of medical coding experience
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite: Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Outlook, OneNote
- Knowledge of Lean Six Sigma and Agile development methodologies preferred
- SQL experience preferred
- Our Vision:To create a thriving ecosystem that delivers accessible, high-quality, and sustainable healthcare for all.
- Our Location:This role can be based in Watertown, MA,Belfast, ME, or remotely.
- Our Culture:At athenahealth, our employees (or athenistas) are committed to making healthcare smarter. Our success is dependent on the diversity, collective spirit, and contributions of our people, clients and partners. We value teamwork and believe that the strength of our team comes from supporting each other and leveraging our specialized skills. If you are looking for company that will enable you to work outside of your comfort zone to transform the healthcare ecosystem, athenahealth is the place for you.
- Our Perks:Along with health & financial benefits, ourathenistasare offered a variety of perks that promote employee wellbeing such as commuter support (we were named one of the 2018 Best Workplaces for Commuters!), collaborative workspaces and dog-friendly offices - just to name a few.