Would you like to join a fast-paced, growing team working on cutting-edge network technologies with a mission to fix healthcare? Do you like to solve complex problems, and to have a positive impact on those around you? Do you consider yourself a team player with a strong work ethic? Do you have an interest in emerging technologies and a strong base in enterprise campus and data center network architectures, an understanding of capacity planning, a solid foundation in wireless networking, a proven track record of troubleshooting, and great communication skills? athenahealth is looking to hire a Senior Network Engineer who embodies these traits. The role will be part of a team of designers, engineers, and operators responsible for delivering world-class network services in a complex, 24x7, mission-critical, production environment.
The Senior Network Engineer will report to the Director of Network Engineering and work in our headquarters in Watertown, Massachusetts.
Specific responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
- Configure and maintain all routers, switches, firewalls, and WLAN (Juniper, Cisco ASA, Palo Alto, Aruba)
- Participate in a 24x7 on call rotation and provide superior customer service to internal and external clients, including response to escalations, proactively notifying customers of network issues, and assessing and communicating business impact
- Configure and utilize a variety of network monitoring and management tools including Ansible and SolarWinds
- Support and work within the ITIL support structure for Change, Problem and Capacity management
- Work with third-party partners to provision site to site IPSEC VPNs
- Keep up to date with new technologies and best practices to introduce new features across the organization.
- At least 4 years hands-on experience configuring and operating routers, switches, firewalls, WLANs in an enterprise network
- At least three years of experience working in a production, 24x7 environment
- Strong knowledge of TCP/IP, Wireless LAN troubleshooting, and VPNs
- Operational experience with network monitoring technologies including SNMP and traffic flow
- Interest in scripting and network automation
- Our Vision:To create a thriving ecosystem that delivers accessible, high-quality, and sustainable healthcare for all.
- Our Location: This role is based in Watertown, MA, just a few miles outside of Boston. Watertown is our Global Headquarters and our campus, the Arsenal on the Charles, is home to several restaurants, a local gym and large outdoor space. This office also has a cafeteria, coffee caf and food trucks that rotate every day.
- Our Culture:At athenahealth, our employees (or athenistas) are committed to making healthcare smarter. Our success is dependent on the diversity, collective spirit, and contributions of our people, clients and partners. We value teamwork and believe that the strength of our team comes from supporting each other and leveraging our specialized skills. If you are looking for a company that will enable you to work outside of your comfort zone to transform the healthcare ecosystem, athenahealth is the place for you.
- Our Perks: Along with health & financial benefits, ourathenistasare offered a variety of perks that promote employee wellbeing such as commuter support, collaborative workspaces and dog-friendly offices - just to name a few.