CreateMe is a research and development company at the intersection of automation, apparel, and customization driving on-demand manufacturing, at speed and scale. Were breaking down barriers through trailblazing, frictionless technology that provides an end-to-end solution that is set to revolutionize individualism.
Were based in New York Citys Soho neighborhood with a manufacturing R&D lab in San Francisco's Dogpatch neighborhood.
About the Role:
We are seeking a NPI Technician to play a key role within the hardware team. In this role, you will collaborate with cross functional teams from the product conception, product development, and product production phases. You will be working with engineers to enable smooth product development by sample preparation, data collection, following work instructions, and maintaining equipment in optimal conditions.
- Supporting product development with fabric cutting , prototype assembly, collecting test samples, printing and embellishing products, and performance testings
- Working alongside engineers to design, build, and test solutions to a variety of technical problems
- Handling, cutting, and testing of textile in various shapes and sizes
- Operating embroidery machine and textile printing
- Conducting experiments and investigations under the guidance of Engineers
- Evaluating, identifying, and selecting fabric for product samples
- Maintaining records and performing maintenance on equipment
- Working knowledge with computer aided tools/equipment
- Running product test per set requirements and specifications
- Troubleshooting process or equipment issues
- Attending conferences and participating in other learning and growth opportunities
- 3+ years of experience working with textile/garment/fabric manufacturing
- Good knowledge of fabric, materials, and/or equipment
- Basic statistical analysis knowledge with Excel or similar software
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work well in teams
- Cut and sew experience preferred
- Factory manufacturing in textile/garment experience a plus
- Experience with automation and robotics a plus
Working at CreateMe:
- Be a part of a community and take part in our lunch'n learns and team outings
- Stay healthy and happy through our comprehensive medical, dental and vision insurance
- Take time away from the office through our flexible Paid Time Off
- Learn and grow through formal and informal learning opportunities
- Save for the future with our 401(k) program + match
At CreateMe Technologies, we value diversity and treat all employees and job applicants based on merit, qualifications, competence, and talent. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.