Who are we?
At Intersection, we are at the forefront of the smart cities revolution. Our mission is to improve daily life in cities and public spaces, with products that bridge the digital and physical worlds by delivering connectivity, information and content to enrich our everyday journeys and elevate the urban experience.
We pair our human-centered methodology with groundbreaking technology to design, develop, deliver, and maintain unique products and experiences in public space that deliver value to advertisers, cities, and consumers. Whether partnering with urban transit systems to revolutionize commuting and travel, with cities to transform how they connect with residents and visitors, or private developers to craft unforgettable experiences in neighborhoods and districts, our solutions are scalable platforms on which our clients can build the future.
What is the Role:
Intersection develops cutting-edge media platforms, such as MTA On the Go and LinkNYC, and offers nationwide media assets to provide our advertising clients the scale, insights, and creative solutions they need to reach audiences and spark engaging connections, all while helping fund valuable public services. Our mission is to reimagine human interaction, connectivity, and advertising. With 8 offices, media in 60 markets, and 600+ people across the United States, we are technologists, media experts, engineers, designers, and strategists working together to create value for citizens, governments, and brands and improve life in cities around the globe.
Intersection is looking for an Account Executive to join our experienced and talented New York team. In the New York metro area, Intersection has OOH assets across NYC. Our portfolio in New York City includes the highly acclaimed LinkNYC platform, comprised of thousands of high profile digital displays growing rapidly across the City and attracting some of the most highly sought-after brands. Other media includes a ubiquitous footprint of static kiosk displays, the sponsorship of street banners in high demand and urban neighborhoods of NYC, and spectacular media at Penn Station. Delivering hundreds of millions of impressions weekly, its a robust media market with award-winning assets and tremendous opportunity!
You will bring media experience (static and digital) to our organization. Account Executives at Intersection that succeed have a direct path to growth in billings, income, and experience on a team that continues to lead our industry. This position brings you the perfect opportunity to take your career to the next level with a company that is transforming cities and delivering on our promises to our clients and to our long-standing Municipal and Transit Authority partners.
Within the first month, you will:
- Have started to familiarize yourself with the Out-Of-Home (OOH) advertising industry
- Have learned about the assets that we offer in your market, as well as regional and national markets
- Have shadowed phone calls from seasoned team members. Practicing approach, pitching Intersection as a company, and learning about client opportunities
- Have started to prospect and cold call new businesses.
Within the first three months, you will:
- Have a deep understanding of the OOH industry and how to pitch.
- Have built effective relationships with clients from your existing book of business.
- Have developed and implemented effective market sales and strategies for new business opportunities.
- Be securing at least one face to face meeting per day
- Be starting to generate revenue for the company
Within the first nine months, you will:
- Have a steady flow of revenue from new business prospects, bringing new advertisers to Intersection
- Be meeting and exceeding quarterly and annual targets
- Be well-versed in using research and analysis to create rationale and recommendations for proposed solutions
- Have developed the skill set to grow average deal size and client retention rate, using relationships and better understanding to consistently increase billings
Youre great for this role because:
You are a highly motivated self-starter with a proven sales track record and strong communication skills, both written and oral. Professional experience should include selling media locally, in both static and digital. Out-Of-Home advertising sales experience is a plus. You should be comfortable with finding and retaining new business with a competitive drive while being a teammate. You should have media sales experience with a competitive mentality. A Bachelors Degree is preferred.
At Intersection we celebrate every voice that makes us unique and every perspective that makes us grow. Its our shared responsibility to create an equitable environment where every employee contributes to the culture of the company. Our products and offerings impact cities across the world and its our goal to represent the diversity and differences that make cities special. We will be relentless in that pursuit, because together we are better. We encourage applications from all qualified individuals without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, national origin, marital status, disability, veteran status and all other legally protected characteristics.