Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities - we're just getting started.
Facebooks Enterprise Engineering (EE) Department is seeking a highly motivated Capacity Planning Program Manager with experience in developing strategies and programs to join our Enterprise Capacity Planning Program. In this role, youll help drive the short and long term strategic and operational strategy that builds Facebooks global enterprise data center capacity roadmap. The candidate will be responsible for maintaining relationships across Enterprise Engineering, owning business units engagements, and collaborating with both technical and non-technical cross-functional partners.
- Leverage technical abilities and business acumen to identify, build, manage, and scale transformational programs and initiatives across Enterprise Infrastructure to scale our critical business and infrastructure capabilities for the Facebook Enterprise
- Develop new data center planning strategies that focus on driving improvements in reliability, cost and operational efficiency, resource utilization, deployment times, and space/power utilization
- Partner cross-functionally with Financial, Business, Technical, and Operational organizations to drive clear process alignment and go-forward short and long-term strategy
- Work in a very fast-paced and iterative technical environment with engineering and product leaders across enterprise infrastructure and product teams, ensuring execution of program goals
- Use technical judgement to drive new project evaluations, strategic and technological reviews, challenge proposals, and build consensus
- Own the communications strategy for short and long-term Enterprise data center planning, which includes executive updates, detailed project and program briefs, and status updates