At Rightway we are committed to creating a diverse environment and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We hire for the best talent and actively seek diversity of thought processes, beliefs, background and education. Rightway fosters an inclusive culture where differences are celebrated to drive the best business decisions possible.
We are committed to equal opportunity and fairness regardless of race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, nation of origin, ancestry, age, physical or mental disability, country of citizenship, medical condition, marital or domestic partner status, family status, family care status, military or veteran status or any other basis protected by local, state or federal laws.
Rightway Healthcare was founded in early 2017 by a team of dedicated healthcare, business and technology leaders. Rightway is a technology platform that provides employees and their families with the support, information and advocacy they need to be better healthcare consumers. We combine a high-tech consumer portal with a high-touch dedicated concierge environment to provide consumers with the same level of support and guidance they would receive if they had a doctor in the family. We are focused on personalization, advocacy and results.
Rightway works with employers from 100-25,000 employees to provide best-in-class healthcare navigation for employees. We are committed to generating high member satisfaction scores, industry leading engagement and a quantifiable ROI for every employer. Our approach is rooted in analytics and guided by a bottom-up understanding of an employee population.
Rightway is privately financed, having raised over $100mm to date from investors such as Khosla Ventures, Thrive Capital, and Tiger Global. The company is headquartered out of New York City, with additional offices in Miami, FL and Denver, CO.
ABOUT THE ROLE
The Chief of Staff (CoS) plays a critical role in driving strategic projects and cross-functional execution at Rightway. As a thought partner to and extension of the CEO, the CoS is responsible for establishing key priorities across the organization, planning a path to execution, and overseeing critical initiatives that drive company goals. As a linchpin of the organization, the CoS must operate and influence at all levels, internally and externally, from the most senior levels of leadership to the most junior level of employees.
This is a high-visibility, high-impact, intense, and rewarding position, at the heart of one of digital healths most innovative private companies. The CoS needs to embody integrity, accountability, and a commitment to excellence-- thinking like an owner in all that they do.
The CoS position is expected to last 18-24 months, after which the CoS will transition into a leadership role in a division of Rightway. This role will be based in New York, NY (remote to start).
- Spearhead and assume day-to-day responsibility for key strategic projects
- Drive company-wide planning and reporting processes
- Discover departmental inefficiencies, solicit input from internal stakeholders, prioritize remedial actions, and operationalize scalable solutions
- Design, document, and implement processes that improve Rightways communication, decision-making, and execution across the organization
- Identify, recommend, and execute on improvements to org structure, finding knowledge and skills gaps and helping address them during fast organizational growth
- Empower others with the resources and visibility to align departmental and company goals
- Track and manage key external relationships (major partners, prospective investors, etc.)
- Partner with and monitor senior leadership to ensure the completion of responsibilities
- Represent the CEO in internal and external meetings
- Serve as the quarterback on cross-functional initiatives to advance commercial and strategic priorities
BACKGROUND & EXPERIENCE
- 3-7 years in a consulting, investment banking, or business operations & strategy role
- A Bachelors degree is required; MBA or Masters degree a plus
- Self-starter, with a demonstrated track record of influencing others, taking ownership, biasing urgency / action, and driving activities to achieve short and long term goals
- Analytically minded, matched with an ability to think outside the box when presented with unstructured information
- Comfort ingesting issues from stakeholders, setting expectations, and effectively prioritizing
- Low ego and excited to work across various functions to help move the business forward
- Ability to balance authority and accessibility, garnering buy-in from all parties
- Strong attention to detail
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, across all levels of an organization
- Comfort in a fast-paced environment thats subject to ambiguity
- Versatile and resilient; dedicated to efficiency, productivity, and excellence
- Interested in healthcare / health tech and excited to advance Rightways mission to simplify peoples healthcare experiences