Over the coming years, biotech will fundamentally rewrite the way we live. Gene editing and cell therapy are dramatically changing how we treat cancer and other major illnesses. Biofuels and biomaterials are transforming the cars we drive, the clothes we wear, and the makeup of everyday objects. Crop science and synthetic biology are producing sustainable and ethical food. Benchlings mission is to accelerate the research that propels us towards this reality, and magnify its impact, through modern software.
Every day, scientists around the world use Benchlings applications, platform, & analytics in their efforts to solve humanitys most pressing problems. For these scientists, Benchling is the central technology they use to conduct their research. Our customers include pharmaceutical giants, leading biotechs, and the worlds most renowned research institutes.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
- Report directly to the Deal Desk Leader, managing deal desk operations and strategy as part of Benchlings extended Sales Operation Team.
- Provide real-time operational support to our growing East Coast sales team
- Manage and monitor day-to-day deal flow to ensure that our deals meet our negotiation guidelines, compliance standards and documentation process
- Track business metrics and maintain corporate reporting for the executive team
- Manage, validate and improve SFDC record keeping to support the company/Sales team as it scales
- Build dashboards and conduct analyses that enable agile and informed decisions
- Identify inefficiencies in our Sales process to drive acquisition of customers and retention of revenue
- Work closely with Finance, Accounting, Legal and other crossfunctional stakeholder to ensure alignment on policies and execution.
- Have 3+ years in Deal Desk, Sales Operations, or Business Operations (required)
- Hold a bachelor degree in a quantitative field (required)
- Experience producing detailed business/pricing analyses and dashboards is a plus (preferred)
- Have excellent interpersonal skills in both supportive and enforcement environments
- Bring a detail oriented and analytical mindset that can add value as we reassess processes
- Are able to partner with several cross-functional teams
- Can identify new opportunities and provide sound reasoning for strategy decisions
- 2+ years managing a Salesforce instance is a plus
- Experience working in the Life Sciences industry is a plus
Benchling welcomes everyone. We believe every member of our team enriches our diversity and inclusion by broadening our ways of problem-solving for future challenges. Even if you don't meet 100% of the qualifications for this job, we strongly encourage you to apply.
- Admit mistakes and shortcomings
- Deliver results
- Disagree and commit
- Obsess over customers
- Rely on work ethic
- Show empathy
- Recruit and develop the best
- Sweat the details
- Think and communicate clearly
- Unite around the mission
PERKS AND BENEFITS
- Work with a talented yet humble team
- Competitive compensation & equity package
- Quarterly mental health days
- Weekly virtual social events, and annual company retreats
- 401k, Medical, dental, and vision insurance (US Employees Only)
- Monthly health & wellness stipend (Currently US Employees Only)
- Yearly educational stipend (Currently US Employees Only)
- To support remote work conditions, Benchling provides each employee a one-time stipend of $1,000(USD) upon commencing employment, and additional discounted employee purchase plans for home-office equipment.
In following best practices and safety protocols, all Benchling employees are expected to work remotely until we are further advised that it is safe for employees to resume work in their respective office locations.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We also consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law, including but not limited to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.