At Rightway we are committed to creating a diverse environment and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We hire for the best talent and actively seek diversity of thought processes, beliefs, background and education. Rightway fosters an inclusive culture where differences are celebrated to drive the best business decisions possible.
We are committed to equal opportunity and fairness regardless of race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, nation of origin, ancestry, age, physical or mental disability, country of citizenship, medical condition, marital or domestic partner status, family status, family care status, military or veteran status or any other basis protected by local, state or federal laws.
Rightway Healthcare was founded in early 2017 by a team of dedicated healthcare, business and technology leaders. Rightway is a technology platform that provides employees and their families with the support, information and advocacy they need to be better healthcare consumers. We combine a high-tech consumer portal with a high-touch dedicated concierge environment to provide consumers with the same level of support and guidance they would receive if they had a doctor in the family. We are focused on personalization, implementation, advocacy and results.
Rightway works with employers from 100 25,000 employees to provide an ecosystem of healthcare navigation for employees. We are committed to generating high member satisfaction scores, industry leading engagement and a quantifiable ROI for every employer. Our approach is rooted in analytics and guided by a bottom-up understanding of a population.
Rightway is privately financed, having raised over $30mm to date from investors such as Thrive Capital
It is headquartered out of New York City, with new offices in Hudson Yards. We also have remote offices in Miami, FL and San Francisco, CA.
ABOUT THE ROLE
Team Description: The Director, PBM Underwriting & Pricing, is a member of the RightwayRx team reporting to the SVP, PBM Supply Chain. This role forms key stakeholder relationships with Finance, PBM Sales & Operations
- Formulate pricing strategy and execute financial modeling of comprehensive pricing offers that include retail network, mail order, specialty pharmacy and pharmaceutical manufacturer rebates
- Oversee the process for financial analysis, pricing and value proposition for prospective clients
- Develop analytic method/models to monitor and optimize client contract financial performance (leveraging an industry-leading financial analytics platform)
- Collaborate with PBM Sales to provide recommendations on pricing and negotiation strategy
- Contribute to designing, building & operationalizing RightwayRx proprietary supply chain strategy including performance analytics for pharm, pharmacies and other supply chain partnerships
- Assist in the management of the pharma & prescription open marketplace strategy(adds/deletions/pricing changes, etc.)
- Hire, train, provide mentorship, develop and evaluate team members responsible for underwriting and COGS performance analysis
- Education level: Bachelors Degree Required. Preferred: Masters Degree
- Work experience: +3 years in health plan /PBM pricing, contracting or financial planning analytics
- Location information: Remote/Work from home/Virtual with some required travel to New York City offices
- Important characteristics of ideal candidate: Detail-oriented, intellectually curious, out-of-the-box thinker, good listener, empathetic, ability to challenge status quo, values exemplar
- Specific skills needed for job: Great pharmacy benefit knowledge, effective & creative problem-solver, exceptional financial modeling skills, ability to prioritize and manage through change. Solid communication skills, ability to lead projects and influence others even without direct reporting line ownership
- Competitive Salary, Commission + Equity
- Full Benefits (Medical, Dental, Vision, Commuter)
- 401K plan
- Company sponsored social events
Rightway is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer
We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics