Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities - we're just getting started.
Facebook's Content Policy team is seeking an Oversight Board Liaison for its Oversight Board Liaison team. This person will serve as a liaison to the Oversight Board and will help review potential cases destined for the Board and draft submissions to the Board about Facebooks content policy decisions. We are looking for an analytical thinker with experience in law and advocacy. A background in human rights law is a plus, but not required.This position will focus on researching cases being appealed to the Board, understanding Facebook's actions in those cases, explaining Facebook's reasoning in submissions to the Oversight Board, and working with internal Facebook teams to make process and policy improvements as appropriate.As a member of Facebook's Content Policy Team, you will work closely with a highly talented and experienced team of subject matter experts on content and product policies. You will be responsible for understanding Facebook policies and operations in order to best support the Board, our company, and the people who use our services. The ideal candidate will be able to critically analyze the tradeoffs and benefits of refinements to Facebook's policies and processes and communicate these issues effectively. The ideal candidate will also be a self-starter and able to work with other Facebook employees to understand, and effectively communicate, Facebooks decision rationales to the Oversight Board.
- Work with teams across Facebook to Investigate appealed cases chosen by the Oversight Board
- Understand how Facebook's values and policies apply to these appealed cases
- Explain Facebook's position on appealed cases to the Oversight Board
- Build relationships with and understand the perspectives of partners on internal teams, such as Public Policy, Operations, Engineering, Product Management, Communications, Marketing, Partnerships, and Legal
- Provide feedback to operational, policy, and other Facebook teams to implement recommendations from the Oversight Board