Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities - we're just getting started.
Our team, Global Partner Engineering & Tech, is looking for entrepreneurial engineers ready to bring their ideas and make a difference. We apply our engineering skills and business savvy to solve challenges at the intersection of business and innovation in many of todays most exciting industries and products. These include Facebook Watch, Marketplace, Instagram Shopping, Oculus, Portal, Games, Workplace, AI and many more.We are engineers, and we write scalable, high performance code across Facebook's products to ship new solutions that address partners opportunities and challenges. We also design and deliver technical solutions critical to our partners success. In doing so, we help partners realize the full value of working with the Facebook family of apps by helping them grow their business with us while reducing the effort and investment to leverage our platforms. As a Partner Engineer, you will see the business impact of the solutions you build with our partners. You will learn and build on different tech stacks and languages. You will use your entrepreneurial passion and the freedom that the role provides to create your own opportunities and choose how you make an impact. In short, its like being the engineering lead in a startup.Role Types:We have a few different role types available in Partner Engineering depending on your interests and skill sets:Partner Engineer: In this role, you will work directly with our partners to understand their technical and business needs and ultimately develop software that directly addresses these needs. Through this blend of partner-facing experience and hands-on coding, you will deliver solutions that may take the form of APIs, product integrations, or tools that help our partners derive meaningful value through our platforms.Systems & Tools Engineer: In this role, you will contribute to the development of our suite of internal systems and tools, which help our partnership teams operate more efficiently and deliver more value to our partners. With a primary focus on coding, you will develop solutions for partner management, content management, API/platform management, and more.
- Understand Facebook apps and products (e.g., Facebook, Instagram, WhatsApp, Messenger, Oculus, Portal, Workplace, video, games, payments) and their underlying implementation
- Write and ship reliable, scalable, and efficient code
- Develop tools and documentation to help scale Facebooks platform products
- Contribute to the product roadmap, and partner solutions while guiding conversations based on industry and/or partner knowledge
- Build and improve technical solutions in collaboration with Facebook product engineering teams, and provide feedback on product gaps and bugs
- Provide consultation and/or implementation after project has been scoped
- Maintain effective communication with manager and other project relevant stakeholders
- Develop and effectively manage relationships with external and internal partners, to integrate Facebook's platform products and ensure value creation
- Document and share learnings within the team upon completion of projects
- Actively participates in creating a positive atmosphere amongst team and beyond
- Willingness to travel up to 20% of the time