Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities - we're just getting started.
Facebook seeks an experienced leader to build and manage a product marketing team focused on evolving Facebooks suite of products, tools and systems that support community creators. This leader will drive market requirements into product planning to help inform the development of the key products like facebook profiles and contextual profiles. The right person can drive both strategy and execution, is analytical and creative, and cares deeply about making Facebook into a platform that community creators can use to find, grow, and engage their communities. This product marketing role is focused on the inbound phase of product marketing with community creators as well as the initial phases of outbound product marketing. Inbound product marketing responsibilities include foundational analysis to identify market needs by producer segment, opportunity sizing, gathering deep feedback from internal and external stakeholders, bringing the perspective of community creators and running alpha and beta testing processes. Outbound product marketing responsibilities include leading launch planning, messaging, and positioning. This role is highly cross-functional and will work closely with Product, Community & Media Partnerships, Research, Policy, Legal, and Marketing teams.
- Develop and manage a world-class product marketing team
- Mentor team members to support their performance and development
- Demonstrate expertise and confidently lead strategic and complex initiatives that have impact on the company's direction
- Identify and pursue long-term opportunities based on research, analysis, and strategic view of the market
- Serve as a go-to contact with executive management of partner organizations and independently navigate challenging relationships across functions and geographies
- Define and manage comprehensive go-to-market strategy and planning across a suite of products
- Demonstrate a strong understanding of Facebooks broader media & creator ecosystem, regulatory environment, and competitive landscape to develop strategic product feedback and positioning
- Select, attract, motivate, retain, and develop leaders and team members
- Able to accurately appraise the strengths and weaknesses of team members and build a strong, diverse team that complements each other to achieve outstanding result