Better is redefining homeownership and making it simpler, fasterand most importantlymore accessible for everyone. We leverage creative technology and innovation to make the homebuying journey more approachable and understandable. Here are some interesting facts to help you get to know Better:
- Right now were funding over $3 billion in home loans per month
- Weve funded over $14 billion in loans and $3.5 billion in insurance
- We ranked #1 in the U.S. on LinkedIn's Top Startups 2020
- We ranked #11 on Fortunes Best Places to Work in Financial Services 2020
- Our Founder and CEO was named in Comparably's Top 25 CEOs for Diversity
- We were listed to Forbes FinTech 50 2020
- And #15 on the 2020 CNBC Disruptor 50
- Weve secured over $254 million from our investors to date
Our company is made up of driven, passionate people who bring their unique backgrounds and perspectives to everything we do. We are committed to fostering diversity, multiculturalism, and inclusion. We encourage individual potential rather than years of experience. We see the value in each persons perspective, and recognize their talents, regardless of what the market says. We believe its important to nurture a company culture that encourages curiosity and passionfrom employee resource groups and learning opportunities to team outings and community outreach.
A Better opportunity:
Better is looking for a Cloud Security Engineer to join the tech team!
- Manage and improve infrastructure level security capabilities e.g. firewalls, DDoS protection, network isolation, access controls
- Build automation for identification, response, and remediation of malicious activity.
- Drive implementation of countermeasures, mitigations, and containment.
- Conducting security risk management activities, and advising the engineering team and key partners on the security-relevant impact of threats and vulnerabilities to the mission/business supported by the system.
- Understand, code, and use various automated pipeline technologies to deliver tested and secure code.
- Assist in the integration of application pipelines with secure configuration parameters to remove or reduce known threat vectors and vulnerabilities
- Bachelors degree in Information Security or comparable work experience in a technical environment
- 6+ years of experience as a hands-on engineer
- Comfortable with DevOps style tools like Terraform, GitHub etc
- Experience with Public Cloud Native APIs (particularly AWS)
- Experience in working with various AWS logs such VPC Flow log, S3, Route53, WAF, etc.
- Infrastructure background working with a modern stack e.g. docker, Kubernetes, immutable infrastructure
- Knowledge of systems monitoring tools in a cloud environment
- Performing Cloud Security Assessments of Cloud platforms/environments using industry standard frameworks such as ISO and NIST.
- An understanding of data encryption methods and AWS mechanisms to implement these controls.
- Security certifications preferred but not required (OSCP, OSWE, WAPT etc.)
- Experience working in Financial industry a plus
- Experience implementing new security controls that change with an evolving threat landscape.
- Experience implementing rule based monitors and creating alerts/dashboards for continuous requirements supervising
The Better mission is rooted in values that drive us.
- We do whats in the best interest of the consumer, not ourselves
- We have growth mindsets, not fixed ones
- We believe that success lies in execution, not credentials
- We act like owners, not just employees
- We work to find answers on our own, not wait for them to be given to us
- We optimize for mission, not ego
Our mission speaks for itselfwe continue to outpace the industry at every turn. Weve joined forces in partnership with Ally Bank, and our backers have helped build some of the most transformative tech and finance companies in history. Kleiner Perkins, Goldman Sachs, American Express, Citigroup, Activant Capital, Ally Bank, and others have invested in our vision for what homeownership can be.
Better Benefits & Compensation
Our total rewards package consists of base salary, equity, benefits, and opportunity for yearly cash bonus. Some of our benefits include:
- Comprehensive healthcare, retirement, and voluntary benefits. Think medical, dental, vision, savings accounts, 401k, and more.
- Personalized care and tools for realizing your mental health and wellness goals
- Robust wellbeing offerings that allow you unlimited access to virtual fitness, meditation, yoga, cooking classes, homeschooling preparedness, physical therapy, and more.
- Unlimited time off (with manager approval)
- 12 weeks of paid parental leave after 90 days of employment, and 20 weeks after 24 months of service.
- Inclusive fertility benefits for you or your eligible dependents, regardless of participation in a Better medical plan.
Better is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion or religious creed, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, marital status, family or parental status, disability, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by law. If you require further accommodations or have questions regarding accessibility of our roles, please reach out to [email protected]. All employment decisions at Better are based on a persons merit, business needs, and role requirements.