We are seeking a full-time Senior Data Engineer who is capable of leading a team of talented Data Engineers and building foundational infrastructure for a fast-growing business. Necessary skills for this role are expertise with serverless architectures, the AWS ecosystem, and exposure to medical data.
About Rightway Healthcare:
Rightway Healthcare was founded in early 2017 by a team of dedicated healthcare, business and technology leaders. Rightway is a technology platform that provides employees and their families with the support, information and advocacy they need to be better healthcare consumers. We combine a high-tech consumer portal with a high-touch dedicated concierge environment to provide consumers with the same level of support and guidance they would receive if they had a doctor in the family. We are focused on personalization, implementation, advocacy and results.
Rightway works with employers from 100 25,000 employees to provide an ecosystem of healthcare navigation for employees. We are committed to generating high member satisfaction scores, industry leading engagement and a quantifiable ROI for every employer. Our approach is rooted in analytics and guided by a bottoms-up understanding of a population.
Rightway is privately financed, having raised over $30 million to date. It is headquartered out of New York City with offices in Miami, San Francisco, and Denver.
At Rightway You Will:
- Lead a team of talented Data Engineers
- Use the AWS ecosystem to construct systems that efficiently handle our ever-increasing volume of data
- Maintain existing ETLs written using Python and deployed using Docker containers and the AWS Fargate service
- Build batch and streaming data pipelines with tools such as Airflow that ingest gigabyte-scale files
- Design database schemas in PostgreSQL to optimize data integrity and performance
- Develop and maintain APIs that expose data to our product and engineering teams
- Communicate with clients to establish secure data transmission via SFTP and other protocols.
Who You Are:
- Fluency in Python, Apache, SQL, and relational database design.
- Ability to orchestrate, code, test, and document ETL pipelines
- Experience packaging and deploying applications using containers, Kubernetes, or serverless architectures
- Has managed AWS production environments
- Has experienced rapidly scaling infrastructure to handle a high volume of data
- Experience with medical and pharmacy claims data
- Experience with healthcare vocabularies and ontologies
- Experience managing Software Engineers or Data Engineers
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills