Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities - we're just getting started.
The Commerce Platform team is looking for an experienced Technical Program Manager who is passionate about commerce, technology, and innovation to join the team. The Commerce Platform teams charter is to enable Commerce experiences across Facebooks family of apps (Facebook, Instagram, WhatsApp etc.). The team is responsible for building tools & experiences that enable *Merchants* to manage and grow their presence and *buyers* to have a seamless, reliable and trustworthy checkout and post transaction experience on our family of apps. The team is also focused on scaling the platform so we can unlock 10 times year over year growth for the next few years.
- Lead key initiatives and drive collaboration across multiple cross-functional teams including product, engineering, data, and operations to enable commerce experiences on our platform.
- Provide hands-on program management during analysis, design, development, testing, implementation, and post implementation phases.
- Develop and manage end-to-end project plans and ensure on-time delivery.
- Communicate status and big picture to the project team and management.
- Perform risk management and change management on projects.
- Provide day-to-day coordination and quality assurance for projects and tasks.
- Drive internal process improvements, remove gaps, across multiple teams and ensure teams are working on high impact projects that align with company mission and goals.