Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities - we're just getting started.
Instagram is looking for a Technical Program Manager to help drive performance and reliability improvements across our products on every platform. As a Technical Program Manager for Instagram App Performance, you will work on various initiatives to ensure that our users can connect with the people and things they love regardless of the device they are using. You will directly support product teams at Instagram and enable them to build products that provide a fast and reliable experience to our users and lead various quality, efficiency, and scalability programs to help reach those goals. The right candidate will be an excellent communicator, knowledgeable in mobile app development platforms and practices, passionate about building scalable services, comfortable in a flat, fast moving organization, excited to innovate on existing solutions, and focused squarely on impacting the Instagram product and business.
- Articulate the technology, requirements, goals and milestones of your team
- Build subject matter expertise in your area and stay up to date on technological developments
- Develop and manage cross-functional programs, facilitating relationships across Instagram and Facebook to identify risks, manage dependencies and optimize resources between media infra groups
- Work with Product and Engineering to define your team's roadmap and execution strategy
- Drive internal process improvements across teams, remove roadblocks, and deliver on high-impact projects with a focus on efficiency, performance, and quality
- Assess business impact, prioritize initiatives and drive accountability in a fast-paced environment through project planning and strong interpersonal skills
- Develop robust engineering accountability measurements, maintaining high quality engineering work
- Drive accountability and ownership in a fast paced environment across a dynamic team through project planning and interpersonal skills