Founded in 2015, Bowery Farming is on a mission to democratize access to high-quality, local, safe and sustainable produce. Bowery builds smart indoor farms near cities, growing fresher, pesticide-free Protected Produce with bold flavor in precisely controlled environments, 365 days a year. At the heart of each farm is the proprietary BoweryOS, which integrates software, hardware, sensors, AI, computer vision systems, machine learning models and robotics to orchestrate and automate the entirety of its operations. As a result, each farm creates far less waste and uses a fraction of the water and land compared to traditional agriculture.
About The Role:
The Bowery Farming Robotics and Automation team is looking for a Technical Project Manager to support operations and technology-based projects. This hire will own existing projects as well as initiating projects all the way through until completion. The role will involve managing projects through waterfall methodology and involves hands-on exposure to the projects in regards to PLCs, SCADA systems, VFDs, and numerous pieces of farm equipment.
What You'll Do:
- Manage parallel projects in all phases across multiple locations
- Lead meetings and provide updates to leadership
- Track progress of released projects in reference to Robotics & Automation initiatives
- Work cross-functional with various groups at Bowery Farming
- Oversee data and process-related tasks such as ECOs (engineering change order) and providing updates to process changes
- Manage project related vendor relationships
Who You Are:
- An experienced project manager with technical understanding in the robotics and automation fields with projects relating to factory initiatives and installations
- Experience with project implementation during production hours
- Some level of experience programming and using PLCs, SCADA systems, VFDs, and machinery
- Working knowledge of project management software (Google, Asana, Smartsheets)
- Willing to Travel up to 25%
Who We Are:
- Bowery is a place where everyone is welcome, included and empowered to reach their full potential
- We live our shared values every day in both big and small ways: opt-in, think wildly different, break barriers together & be kind to the core
- We are a mission-driven team of unconventional thinkers, problem-solvers, optimists and activators
- We share a passion for giving back more to the planet than we take, growing deliciously abundant food without abundant harm
- We are excited to hear from you!
Based in New York City, Bowery is the largest vertical farming company in the United States, serving major e-commerce platforms and more than 850 grocery stores in the Northeast and Mid-Atlantic regions, including Albertsons Companies (Safeway and Acme), Amazon Fresh, Giant Food, Walmart, Weis, Whole Foods Market, and specialty grocers, with produce that's harvested year-round at peak freshness, delivered within days of harvest. Bowery has raised $472 million from leading investors, including Fidelity Management & Research Company LLC, Temasek, GV (formerly Google Ventures), General Catalyst, GGV Capital, First Round Capital, and individuals including Henry Kravis, Jeff Wilke, as well as some of the foremost thought leaders in food, including Tom Colicchio, Jos Andrs and David Barber of Blue Hill. For more information on Bowery and its products, please visit www.BoweryFarming.comPress kit: https://boweryfarming.com/press/