Job Title: Operations Research Tech Lead
Location(s): Boston, MA (remote option may be possible)
Wayfair is looking for an experienced operations research professional to tackle large scale and complex optimization problems with immediate impact on our operations. We seek an individual who can think through creative strategies to develop and execute solutions to keep Wayfair efficient as we scale.
The successful candidate will lead a team of operations research analysts and engineers tackling large-scale and real-time optimization problems in our supply chain and beyond, including:
- Network design
- Inventory management
- Warehouse operations
- Call center scheduling
We are looking for an individual capable of thinking outside of the box about operational challenges, who wants to try new approaches and challenge traditional models all while focusing on bringing a best-in-class experience to our global customers.
What you'll do:
- Design and implement algorithms for strategic and operational decision making
- Develop production software tools to automate and optimize Wayfair's operations
- Work cross-functionally with business stakeholders to determine requirements for our optimization tools
- Identify opportunity areas for future improvements in Wayfairs operations.
What you'll need:
- Ph.D. or M.S. in Operations Research, Applied Mathematics, Industrial Engineering, Computer Science or a related field
- 3+ years professional experience in Operations Research or a similar role
- Strong knowledge of linear programming and mixed-integer programming
- Ability to tailor communications to level and background of the audience
- Experience implementing models with AMPL, R, Matlab, or similar
- Experience using Python, C++, Java, or similar
- Experience with relational databases and SQL
- Experience working with large real-world data sets
- The ability to define and structure an approach to loosely-defined problems
- Software development experience
- Supply chain experience
About Wayfair Inc.
Wayfair is one of the worlds largest online destinations for the home. Whether you work in our global headquarters in Boston or Berlin, or in our warehouses or offices throughout the world, were reinventing the way people shop for their homes. Through our commitment to industry-leading technology and creative problem-solving, we are confident that Wayfair will be home to the most rewarding work of your career. If youre looking for rapid growth, constant learning, and dynamic challenges, then youll find that amazing career opportunities are knocking.
No matter who you are, Wayfair is a place you can call home. Were a community of innovators, risk-takers, and trailblazers who celebrate our differences, and know that our unique perspectives make us stronger, smarter, and well-positioned for success. We value and rely on the collective voices of our employees, customers, community, and suppliers to help guide us as we build a better Wayfair and world for all. Every voice, every perspective matters. Thats why were proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or genetic information.