Who we are:
Virgin Pulse, founded as part of Sir Richard Branson’s famed Virgin Group, helps organizations build employee health and wellbeing into the DNA of their corporate cultures. As the only company to deliver a powerful, mobile-first digital platform infused with live services, including coaching and biometric screenings, Virgin Pulse takes a high-tech-meets-high-touch-approach to engage employees in improving across all aspects of their health and wellbeing, every day – from prevention and building a healthy lifestyle to condition and disease management to condition reversal, all while transparently engaging users daily in building and sustaining relevant healthy habits and behaviors. A global leader in health and wellbeing, Virgin Pulse is committed to helping change lives and businesses around the world for good so that people and organizations can thrive, together. Today, more than 3100 organizations across the globe are using Virgin Pulse’s solutions to improve health, employee wellbeing and engagement, reduce costs and create strong workplace cultures.
We engage several million members worldwide through our App Store and Play Store Applications that have over 500k consumer reviews and 4.8+ ratings
Who are our employees?
At Virgin Pulse we’re passionate about changing lives for good. We want to make a difference in the world by helping people be healthy so they can perform at their best, every day, at work and at home. Our award-winning solutions support leading employers in improving and simplifying the employee health and wellbeing journey and engaging people in all aspects of their health. But our world-class products and programs are nothing without our people – the employees who design, build, promote, sell, test and perfect the latest innovations in workplace health and wellbeing. Our people are our top priority and we invest in their health and happiness. At Virgin Pulse, we have so much more than a strong, supportive company culture – have a shared vision for a healthier, happier world.
Who you are
You are a dedicated and knowledgeble Senior Software Engineer and have a goal to find a position on a technology team focused on continuing the growth of our next-generation SaaS application. As a Senior Software Engineer at Virgin Pulse you will partner on a team of engineers in their work to implement stories, bug fixes, unit tests, and general R&D with minimal oversight. You bring to the table a broad understanding of many modern open-source web technologies, and are dedicated to learning more. You will on a scrum team, collaborating with other software engineers, product owners and our talented engineers to deliver great solutions on an exponentially growing application.
In addition to the above you possess a number of desirable traits including:
- You have outstanding problem solving and analytical skills
- You are a great communicator (written and verbal)
- You are enthusiastic about leading and being part of a team, and have great people skills
- You are a mentor; a teacher who has gifts and knowledge and want to share this passion with others.
- A passion for learning technologies and applying them to the right projects will make you successful in this position.
What you bring to the team
In order to represent the best of what we have to offer you come to us with a multitude of positive attributes including:
- 3 or more years of practical experience working as a software engineer
- Object-Orientated development skills
- Grasp of modern (RESTful) web applications
- Strenghts in open source tools like Java, Python and similar
- Expertise withf SQL; PostgreSQL is a plus
- Strong knowledge of common front end technologies such as React, Pug, Bower/NPM, Grunt, Angular, etc.
- Solid Unit Testing experience
- Agile Scrum or Kanban methodologies
- Knowledge of Scrum tools (Jira, confluence, etc.)
- Git with pull requests in a team environment
- Linux – in depth skills
- Grasp of and support for Continuous Integration / Delivery method experience (i.e. Teamcity, Jenkins, etc.)
Strengths that make you stand out
- Spring or Spring Boot
- Cassandra / Redis
- Terraform / Puppet / Ansible
Work to ensure system and data security is maintained at a high standard, ensuring the confidentiality, integrity and availability of the Virgin Pulse application is not compromised. Ensure industry best practice coding standards are adhered to in particular ensure all code developed at Virgin Pulse is free from bugs and security vulnerabilities, such as those defined and published by OWASP.
Why work here?
We believe a career should provide competitive pay and benefits, a collaborative and supportive work environment, strong employee culture and cutting-edge technology and services — so many reasons to love it here.
*We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to any protected class status.