PathAI's mission is to improve patient outcomes with AI-powered pathology. Our platform promises substantial improvements to the accuracy of diagnosis and the efficacy of treatment of diseases like cancer, leveraging modern approaches in machine learning. Rigorous science and careful analysis is critical to the success of everything we aspire to do. Our team, comprising diverse employees with a wide range of backgrounds and experiences, is passionate about solving challenging problems and making a huge impact.
We're looking for a Digital Pathology Lab Assistant to join our team and help support the execution of PathAIs business, sponsored research and academic partnerships, including strategic projects, external collaborations and internal initiatives. The lab assistant will provide digital imaging support and be responsible for managing the daily activity of the digital pathology lab, including maintaining the processes and procedures of the digitization efforts. This position will work closely with data management, program management, clinical affairs, regulatory affairs, and quality teams to ensure that digitization goals are being met and that we are maximizing our digital pathology labs capabilities.
This is a 6 month contract position. You may be required to work nights and weekends at peak times. This position has no remote options and must work in the lab.
What youll do:
- Coordinate receipt of scanning for glass microscope slides from different sources and assesses quality of slide for scanning. Works with requestors as necessary.
- Perform technical functions for scanning, including slide orientation, setup, annotation and identifying regions of interest as a part of workflow development.
- High quality scanning of pathology slides for internal and external initiatives at PathAI, including the operation of digital imaging equipment
- Responsibility of upholding rigorous lab standards, ensuring that all processes adhere to PathAI standard operating procedures.
- Execute day-to-day operations of the digital pathology lab, including inventory of supplies.
- Mentor, learn, and share knowledge with others along the way.
What youll need:
- Bachelor's degree in life sciences required (BS/BA), experience in a lab setting preferred.
- Intellectual curiosity and the ability to learn quickly in a complex space.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Familiarity with Good Clinical Practice (GCP) and clinical trial sample handling/chain of custody is preferred.
PathAI is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to creating a workplace that is free of harassment and discrimination. We base our employment decisions on business needs, job requirements, and qualifications that's all. We do not discriminate based on race, gender, religion, health, personal beliefs, age, family or parental status, or any other status. We don't tolerate any kind of discrimination or bias, and we are looking for teammates who feel the same way.
PathAI does not accept unsolicited submissions from third-parties.
With the rise of employment phishing scams, especially during the current COVID-19 situation, we ask candidates to be extra vigilant. Be careful about providing any kind of personal information, such as location, age, or financial information to recruiters who may be impersonating PathAI employees. PathAI does not require payment for interviews or for applicants to purchase their own work supplies for reimbursement.