People Analytics Co-op
January 10th, 2022 - June 24th, 2022
IMPORTANT APPLICATION INFORMATION: WAYFAIR CO-OP PRIORITY DEADLINE October 1st. All candidates who apply on or before October 1st will be reviewed and prioritized for interviews. After the priority period, we will continue the interview process for any remaining roles that have not been filled.
Wayfair believes that our people are our greatest asset and biggest differentiator. As Wayfair grows, we need to ensure our talent strategy and approach is best-in-class. The People Analytics team drives Wayfairs strategy to attract, retain, and develop world class talent. Co-ops will work closely with Wayfair leadership to improve the employee experience by leveraging data and insights to raise the bar on organizational effectiveness. Strong candidates will demonstrate sound business acumen, analytical skills, high EQ, and an eagerness to learn and grow.
What Youll Do:
- Scope, develop and manage end-to-end analyses (gather requirements, establish key metrics, test hypotheses) to address difficult business questions and improve the recruiter and candidate experience
- Present analyses and insights to our team, partners across Talent, and senior leadership
- Navigate our People Analytics platform (Visier) to answer questions and build customized views for various business leaders
- Leverage or learn Good Big Query to extract and manipulate talent data for ad hoc requests and projects
- Cultivate relationships and collaborate with cross-functional partners to identify opportunities and learnings, and create efficiencies through new tools and recommendations
Examples of past projects on this team include collecting and analyzing survey data, creating an infrastructure to aggregate and analyze recruiting data, and evaluating results from a performance review cycle across various business groups.
What Youll Need:
- Strong academic record, exceptional problem-solving and analytical skills
- Creative and innovative approach to solving problems; a desire to understand talent business processes and make them better
- Entrepreneurial spirit and a demonstrated self-starter mentality
- Ability to juggle multiple projects simultaneously
- Interest in working hard and being challenged in a fast-paced environment
- Curiosity, a creative mindset, and the ability to quickly learn new technical tools
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Positive, people-oriented, and enthusiastic attitude
- Proficient with advanced MS Excel/Google Sheets
- Experience with programming language (SQL, R, or Python) is a plus
- Integrity, maturity, and respect to handle confidential and sensitive talent data
- Demonstrated leadership through campus involvement; former internship, summer job, or co-op experience is preferred
About Wayfair Inc.
Wayfair is one of the worlds largest online destinations for the home. Whether you work in our global headquarters in Boston or Berlin, or in our warehouses or offices throughout the world, were reinventing the way people shop for their homes. Through our commitment to industry-leading technology and creative problem-solving, we are confident that Wayfair will be home to the most rewarding work of your career. If youre looking for rapid growth, constant learning, and dynamic challenges, then youll find that amazing career opportunities are knocking.
No matter who you are, Wayfair is a place you can call home. Were a community of innovators, risk-takers, and trailblazers who celebrate our differences, and know that our unique perspectives make us stronger, smarter, and well-positioned for success. We value and rely on the collective voices of our employees, customers, community, and suppliers to help guide us as we build a better Wayfair and world for all. Every voice, every perspective matters. Thats why were proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or genetic information.