Quil, a digital health company, delivers actionable and personalized health itineraries for patients and caregivers, answering the question “What Happens Next?” in their healthcare journeys. They combine the powers of precision data, state-of-the-art technology, and security with unparalleled consumer reach to help individuals navigate today’s chaotic healthcare landscape. Headquartered in Philadelphia, PA with additional offices in New York City, Quil serves individuals, healthcare providers, and payors nationally. Quil is a joint venture of Independence Health Group (Independence) and Comcast.
Quil is a high energy start up that fosters an innovative culture with a focus on individual growth and team collaboration. Their vision is to build the solution that helps patients and their caregivers make timely and more informed decisions, guiding them to the healthiest version of themselves.
The Senior Medical Editor will help to drive the strategy and execution of Quil’s content across our product and consumer communication channels. The editor will understand how to translate a care plan for a patient, and will work collaboratively across the content, product and customer success teams to ensure that Quil’s content is current, high-quality and evidence-based—empowering end users to make smart health decisions. The Senior Medical Editor will be a thought leader on behavior change and patient activation and will partner with Quil’s engagement marketing manager to increase patient outcomes and drive value for clients.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop a medically-backed strategic approach to content, rooted in focus areas where a lack of patient education has the most substantial impact on patient outcomes
- Write and edit content, ensuring it is evidence-based and accurate
- Critically review content produced by other editors, external writers, and subject matter experts for medical and clinical accuracy and appropriateness, and to ensure clarity and consistency
- Serve as an internal subject matter expert on cross-functional teams and content development projects
- Represent content with other teams including sales, marketing, product or IT
- Present work internally and to clients in workshops that drive collaboration
- Review clinical metadata to confirm adherence to established editorial policies and industry-standard ontologies/clinical terminology and provide final clinical review of content
- Partner with other internal and external subject matter experts to ensure content meets requirements for inter-professional accreditation; meets necessary health care quality, safety, accreditation and regulatory requirements
- Collaborate with multimedia teams internally and externally to ensure brand consistency
- Minimum of a bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university; Master’s degree or enrolled in an accredited and related master’s program strongly preferred
- 7+ years’ experience as a writer/editor in the healthcare space
- 3-5 years of clinical experience preferred
- A clinical degree/background is an added advantage
- Experience in writing/editing patient education and developing relevant clinical, patient, and continuing education
- Strong interpersonal communication skills to work collaboratively to ensure editorial content and projects are completed successfully
- Must work effectively with internal and external authors, professional practice organizations, and other subject matter experts to meet timelines and deliverables
- Ability to identify and obtain necessary licensing for 3rd party content, assessment tools, and conduct content gap analysis and standardization across content types
- Project management skills consistent with establishing timelines, milestones, and leading freelance writers to achieve established deliverables on time
- Must have a demonstrated understanding of issues impacting healthcare system, health information technology and patient education, and a working knowledge of national and other standards and guidelines affecting the delivery of patient education content
- Demonstrated problem-solving ability, sense of urgency; and ability to prioritize tasks, to work simultaneously on multiple projects, and to ensure completion of editorial team projects according to tight timelines
- Excellent command of the English language in both spoken and written forms. Strong writing skills with a clear concise style and excellent grammar, punctuation, and spelling; ability to work with templates using an electronic content management system.
- Proficiency in a Microsoft Windows environment (MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, at a minimum). Experience working in a content management system (Drupal) preferred.