Veeva [NYSE: VEEV] is the leader in cloud-based software for the global life sciences industry. Committed to innovation, product excellence, and customer success, our customers range from the worlds largest pharmaceutical companies to emerging biotechs. Veevas software helps our customers bring medicines and therapies to patients faster.
We are the first public company to become a Public Benefit Corporation. As a PBC, we are committed to making the industries we serve more productive, and we are committed to creating high-quality employment opportunities.
Veeva is a Work Anywhere company which means that you can choose to work in the environment that works best for you - on any given day. Whether you choose to work remotely from home or work in an office - its up to you.
Tired of working with old EDC technology? Looking for an opportunity to change how clinical trials, data and data are managed? Veevas Vault Electronic Data Capture (EDC) application will truly change how the industry runs clinical trials and we want you on our team!
Veeva Systems is looking for Senior Project Managers who have deep project management and clinical trial expertise and a passion for helping customers transform the way they manage their clinical trial data and content with Vault EDC.
This is a remote, full-time permanent role with Veeva. Veeva is a Work Anywhere company and our work processes are designed so that you can be productive in the environment that works best for you. This is a customer-facing role and we have no work location requirement if you are in close proximity to an airport and able to meet future travel requirements.
Veeva Systems does not anticipate providing sponsorship for employment visa status (e.g., H-1B, OPT) for this employment position.
What You'll Do
- Work with the project team to scope required effort and define timelines
- Lead life sciences customers in the rapid configuration and implementation of applications to support clinical trial with the Vault EDC platform
- Works closely with the customer and project team to identify and ensure delivery against key business drivers
- Lead and mentor talented project team members implementing and configuring the designed solution.
- Project management including resource planning, leading and motivating a cross-functional team, and project tracking and forecasting
- Experience in pre-sales activities including defining customer needs, scoping engagements, and delivering Statements of Work
- Primary customer liaison managing communication between project team, customer and internal stakeholders
- Track and communicate project status, plans issues, timelines, action items, and budgets
- Assess and track project risk and develop contingency plans as necessary
- Ensure customer success from beginning to end of the engagement life cycle
- Assure process compliance with all regulatory and Veeva procedural requirements
- Identify opportunities for process improvement
- 5+ years direct experience working with EDC clinical software solutions in clinical operations, and/or trial management in a project management/consultant role
- Working Knowledge of Clinical Trial processes across pharmaceuticals, device and/or biotech sectors, specifically as they relate to document and data collection
- Proven track record leading high-impact global system implementation programs for life sciences as a consultant, business or IT lead and/or business sponsor for clinical systems
- Ability and willingness to roll up your sleeves to implement a Clinical solution
- Ability to quickly understand business requirements
- Proven ability to work independently in a dynamic, fast-moving environment, but also as part of a team
- Logical approach to problem solving and excellent eye for detail
- Excellent verbal and written communication, interpersonal, and presentation skills
- Expert on life sciences compliance and computer systems validation requirements
- Ability to travel 25-30% (may include international)
Nice to Have
- Life sciences industry experience and knowledge of clinical trial process preferred (pharmaceutical, biotech, medical device companies, CROs and academic & public health organizations).
- Direct experience with systems such as Medidata RAVE, Oracle/Phase Forward InForm, Medidata Balance, Oracle IRT, IVRS, coding applications, eSource, and other clinical technologies
- Life Science, computer science or related degree
- SaaS/Cloud experience
- Experience in a customer-facing role, preferably with a software professional services organization or consulting background is preferred
- Experience working closely with sales in a pre-sales environment
- Consulting experience
- MS Project experience
- PMP certification
- Experience in services delivery management
Perks & Requirements
- Flexible PTO
- Allocations for continuous learning & development
- Health & wellness programs
Veevas headquarters is located in the San Francisco Bay Area with offices in more than 15 countries around the world.
Veeva is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, national origin or ancestry, age, disability, marital status, pregnancy, protected veteran status, protected genetic information, political affiliation, or any other characteristics protected by local laws, regulations, or ordinances. If you currently reside in the State of Colorado, relocation would be required for this position.