Who We Are
Were the Experience Design team at Wayfair, and were tackling exciting challenges that are reshaping how people discover, find, purchase and have goods delivered to their homes. Were a diverse, multidisciplinary team of world-class designers who are hard at work transforming the experience of shopping for your home. Our design practice is collaborative, data-driven, and fast-paced.
What Youll Do
A designer on this team will have the opportunity to work with Wayfairs Platform Services to plan, develop, and design some of the most crucial components of Wayfairs page creation and content publication process. Working with your developers, product, and content creators you will plan and produce new and upgraded tools + content management platforms that are rapidly being adopted by a broader user base composed of many teams that are creating content for a wide variety of Wayfairs front-end retail experiences.
Strong candidates will be those that have systems thinking, an eye for details, strong communication and collaboration skills, and the ability to turn abstract concepts and technical requirements into actionable and user-friendly experiences.
- Youll lead design efforts for critical internal software that power these sites & mobile app interfaces: Wayfair, Allmodern, Birch Lane, Joss & Main, Perigold, and Wayfair Professional (reaching 22 million customers per month).
- Utilize design thinking principles to build engaging customer experiences which solve goals with elegant simplicity.
- Navigate abstract and technical elements, while working closely with development teams to deliver user-friendly interfaces.
- Collaborate with product managers, developers, content strategists, user researchers, and other experience designers to execute design concepts that deliver on brand goals, business goals, while being technically feasible to implement
- Work and collaborate within Wayfairs broader design team to produce deliverables in a timely and neat fashion, emphasizing the use of lean tools and techniques to more effectively deliver and share concepts, and collectively work together to develop and improve upon professional and designer-oriented career goals.
- Facilitate team design exercises, brainstorm and innovate relevant experiences, user flows, interface components, and layouts.
- Help promote and advocate for the usage of more efficient processes, content management, and tools across the Wayfair org.
What Youll Need
- 2-5 years of professional UX / Product Design experience
- Strong understanding of design processes; knowledge of what is possible and what will be hard to achieve and/or implement in a digital environment
- Communication and interpersonal skills: Ability to present and articulate ideas, openness to evolve opinions that challenge beliefs, and eager to distribute valuable & relevant materials, updates, and content to various stakeholders
- Strong skills in modern design tools like Figma, Sketch, Abstract, Invision, Framer, UX Pin, and Creative Suite
- Expertise in producing relevant deliverables, including detailed site maps, user flows/task flows, user journeys, page flows, wireframes, annotations, prototypes, and final high-fidelity mockups / comps, etc.
- An online portfolio of case studies that demonstrates unfailing advocacy for the user, highlighting: analytical decision-making, production of functional and effective experiences out of abstract technical requirements, and strategic thinking. Optional: Experience working with admin software, content management systems (CMS), or internal-facing tools.
Interested in learning more about Wayfairs Experience Design team? Check out our Medium: https://medium.com/wayfair-design
About Wayfair Inc.
Wayfair is one of the worlds largest online destinations for the home. Whether you work in our global headquarters in Boston or Berlin, or in our warehouses or offices throughout the world, were reinventing the way people shop for their homes. Through our commitment to industry-leading technology and creative problem-solving, we are confident that Wayfair will be home to the most rewarding work of your career. If youre looking for rapid growth, constant learning, and dynamic challenges, then youll find that amazing career opportunities are knocking.
No matter who you are, Wayfair is a place you can call home. Were a community of innovators, risk-takers, and trailblazers who celebrate our differences, and know that our unique perspectives make us stronger, smarter, and well-positioned for success. We value and rely on the collective voices of our employees, customers, community, and suppliers to help guide us as we build a better Wayfair and world for all. Every voice, every perspective matters. Thats why were proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or genetic information.