We are looking for a Population Health Data Operations Senior Associate to join our Platform Data Services team within our Product Management division. Your job will be to use a proprietary ETL process to help to lead the design and maintenance of tools that transform data from a wide variety of sources into a standardized format that supports analysis and produces actionable insights. But enough about us; lets talk about you.
You are an analytical thinker who is motivated by tackling large problems and building processes and tools that will help the organization scale.
The Team: Our Platform Data Services team strives to conquer the complexity and messiness of data from payers, EMRs, and labs to truly make an impact on healthcare
- Support seamless flow of data from source to the front-end application, helping newer or more junior team members to do the same
- Using SQL and other tools, monitor and analyze data - in order to explain performance variation and trends as client data is migrated into athenas systems (and back to client again)
- Proactively identify, research, understand, and work with feed data/programming structure to resolve issues that impact client business success
- Contribute to the ongoing support of the technical architecture of all ETL pipelines. Become subject matter expert in underlying technology.
- Leverage and build test plans and metrics to validate success of the teams work
- Be responsible for reconciling routine data feeds to system published data
- Own those test plans with more complexity or with product knowledge needed
- Contribute to optimization and automation of standard processes by identifying recurring issues across monthly publishes or across varying client feeds; researching solutions; and then executing upon agreed-upon next steps in a timely and accurate manner
- Proactively research and resolve data issues that impact client success
- BA or BS degree
- 3+ years of professional experience with relational databases writing queries and managing data; SQL programming experience preferred
- Proficiency in Powershell, Python or Groovy preferred
- Experience managing Jenkins pipelines preferred
- Proficiency with data management tools and analysis techniques
- Experience with healthcare data and value-based contracts preferred
Our Vision: To create a thriving ecosystem that delivers accessible, high-quality, and sustainable healthcare for all.
Our Location: This role is based in Watertown, MA, just a few miles outside of Boston. Watertown is our Global Headquarters and our campus, the Arsenal on the Charles, is home to several restaurants, a local gym and large outdoor space. This office also has a cafeteria, coffee caf and food trucks that rotate every day.
Our Culture: At athenahealth, our employees (or athenistas) are committed to making healthcare smarter. Our success is dependent on the diversity, collective spirit, and contributions of our people, clients and partners. We value teamwork and believe that the strength of our team comes from supporting each other and leveraging our specialized skills. If you are looking for a company that will enable you to work outside of your comfort zone to transform the healthcare ecosystem, athenahealth is the place for you.
Our Perks: Along with health & financial benefits, our athenistas are offered a variety of perks that promote employee wellbeing such as commuter support, collaborative workspaces and dog-friendly offices - just to name a few.