Over the coming years, biotech will fundamentally rewrite the way we live. Gene editing and cell therapy are dramatically changing how we treat cancer and other major illnesses. Biofuels and biomaterials are transforming the cars we drive, the clothes we wear, and the makeup of everyday objects. Crop science and synthetic biology are producing sustainable and ethical food. Benchlings mission is to accelerate the research that propels us towards this reality, and magnify its impact, through modern software.
Every day, scientists around the world use Benchlings applications, platform, & analytics in their efforts to solve humanitys most pressing problems. For these scientists, Benchling is the central technology they use to conduct their research. Our customers include pharmaceutical giants, leading biotechs, and the worlds most renowned research institutes.
Benchling Enterprise Scientific Solution Consultants (SSC) are the primary solution leads with Benchlings largest customers and prospects. Their solutions are deployed into complex enterprise IT environments, interfacing with other vendor solutions, lab instruments, and legacy applications. This is a highly visible role that partners with both external and internal teams to develop the optimal solutions that drive the most value for our customers. The Enterprise SSC is a pre-sales role, and as such works closely with Benchling sales leadership, account executives, professional services, and product leaders to ensure the best solutions are presented. Enterprise SSCs work with senior scientific and IT leaders from prospects and customers, to establish credibility and confidence from the first meeting, and to create solutions based on cutting-edge technologies.
The Enterprise SSC must be comfortable with Life Sciences R&D processes and scientific concepts, have experience with enterprise SaaS solutions, and be adept at working with internal and external leaders and stakeholders. You must work as a trusted adviser to translate customer objectives into detailed solutions and effectively communicate and demonstrate those solutions to prospects and customers.
WHAT YOU WILL WORK ON
- Effectively partner with account executives, SSC peers, and leadership to create account and deal strategies that lead to selection, planning out customer engagements that lead to compelling solutions
- Manage organized discoveries to uncover customer needs and requirements that relate to decision criteria and key business issues
- Craft solutions based on Benchling capabilities, industry best practices and standard R&D functions, with data models and processes that map to the customer or prospects' science and that fit into their current technology landscape
- Present and demonstrate the solution in a persuasive way based on key messages, decision criteria, and key business issues. Manage customer questions and objections and resolve concerns. Ensure that the solution is presented competitively, with awareness of alternatives including build in house
- Engage with product management to provide insight into prospect and customer needs and industry trends. Influence the roadmap for market success. Ensure that the roadmap is clear to customers as required to influence buying decisions
- Provide leadership by creating reusable solutions, content, and trainings for key areas. Work with the extended team to ensure that they are successful and learn from your expertise. Mentor and partner with other SSCs to build their success
- Espouse Benchling's core leadership principles and cultural values
- Have a bachelors degree in a scientific discipline such as Biology, Chemistry, or a related field, with 6+ years of professional experience, or PhD/M.S. with 4+ years of professional experience. Advanced degrees in scientific disciplines desired but not required. Previous customer facing experience is also a plus
- Demonstrated experience with relevant scientific/informatics software such as LIMS, ELN, or other. Understand integrations between systems; have high level knowledge of developer platforms, architecture, and security
- Demonstrated capacity to effectively model scientific data, and craft solutions, based on product knowledge and industry best practices. Prior experience in implementing, supporting, and/or integrating scientific systems desired
- Understand the lifecycle of biopharma drug research and development
- Demonstrated ability to perform needs analysis. Have prior experience working with stakeholders to understand scientific challenges, business needs, and critical requirements
- Ability to communicate effectively with varied stakeholders, to ensure that all needs are met
- Willingness to travel to customer sites 25-30%, when it is safe to do so
Benchling welcomes everyone. We believe every member of our team enriches our diversity and inclusion by broadening our ways of problem-solving for future challenges. Even if you don't meet 100% of the qualifications for this job, we strongly encourage you to apply.
- Admit mistakes and shortcomings
- Deliver results
- Disagree and commit
- Obsess over customers
- Rely on work ethic
- Show empathy
- Recruit and develop the best
- Sweat the details
- Think and communicate clearly
- Unite around the mission
PERKS AND BENEFITS
- Work with a talented yet humble team
- Competitive compensation & equity package
- Weekly virtual social events, and annual company retreats
- 401k, Medical, dental, and vision insurance (US Employees Only)
- Monthly health & wellness stipend
- Yearly educational stipend
- Flexible & Generous Vacation Policy: If you feel you need a break, you can talk directly with your manager to find coverage and support while you are out of the office. Need time off to vote? We've got you covered.
- Quarterly company-wide mental health days off
- Holiday Shut-down: company-wide holiday shut-down between Christmas Eve and New Years
- Major US and EMEA holidays observed
- To support remote work conditions during the COVID-19 pandemic, Benchling provides each employee a one-time stipend of $1,000(USD) upon commencing employment, and additional discounted employee purchase plans for home-office equipment.
Protecting the health of our employees and the candidates interested in a role at Benchling is our top priority. We appreciate your understanding and being open and flexible with any changes related to our interviewing process.
For applicants for U.S.-based roles only: All new hires in the United States are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and to provide proof of vaccination prior to their first day of employment. If you are unable to be vaccinated for medical or religious reasons, we will explore potential reasonable accommodations; however, Benchling may not be able to grant such accommodations in all cases if doing so would cause an undue hardship.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We also consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law, including but not limited to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.