The world loves Postgres. If you work with developers or data scientists or anyone wrangling data, youll probably see a sticker with the tusks and trunk of the Postgres elephant on the lid of a nearby laptop. EDB has a lot to do with that.
Weve been major contributors to Postgres since the beginning, and we are proud to call thousands of boundary pushing customers our partners. Proud though we are, we are not resting on our laurels. Theres plenty of work to do. The good news is that everything we do will impact Postgres, which is to say that it will impact the world. No pressure.
We are currently looking for a hands-on Principal Software Engineer and Architect to lead and help build an engineering team developing our next generation of database migration software. Database migration can be one of the most challenging tasks for a company undergoing a technical transformation, whether its ground to cloud or from one database technology to another. EDB is building a set of software, based on open-source technology, to make this as smooth and seamless as possible. The ideal candidate is going to possess a combination of deep technical aptitude in the data management space, software development space, strong leadership skills, and a savvy ability to navigate the myriad migration use cases we need to address.
- Work with legacy, open source, newly emerging, and yet to be developed technologies to develop database migration software that eases and expedites our customers time to production on EDBs products
- Design, and drive execution of an architectural vision for the database migration software
- Help build and lead a team of engineers to deliver database migration software for Cloud and on premise deployment models
- Work closely with Product Management and Development leaders to execute on the business strategy and technical vision
- Experience working with data management and streaming technologies - Kafka and Debezium are preferred
- Experience working with relational databases, preferably Postgres and Oracle
- 10+ years of experience working as a hands on software engineer
- 5+ years of experience in a technical leadership role
- Calm and methodical approach with good communication skills
- Experience with Go and Java
- Understands and able to drive a modern software development life cycle process
- Experience in database administration and management
- Experience working with and building cloud database management systems
- Experience with other open and closed source databases such as SQL Server, and MySQL
- General experience in distributed system architecture and development
We know it takes a unique mix of people and skills to help us in our mission to supercharge Postgres, and we understand that not everyone will check every box. Wed love to hear from you and we want you to apply!
EDB is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. EDB was built on a commitment to trust and respect each other and to embrace an array of people and ideas. These values remain at the center of our culture and are key to our companys integrity.
Our US benefits package is listed here - additional benefits packages available upon request