We are looking for a Senior Data Engineer to join our athena.intelligence (a.i) team.
Your job will be to help design and support the next generation of athenas distributed data pipeline, which will allow instantaneous access to insights throughout our organization.
But enough about us; lets talk about you.
You love to build solutions to complex problems. You embrace the challenge of using unstructured data to deliver real-time, actionable insights. You are a tenacious, but nimble learner, who demonstrates design and engineering excellence.
As a Principal, you will combine the essentials of raw talent and a burning passion to succeed. You will need a history of working through technical issues and leading successful development and deployment of large data engineering platform pipelines projects.
You will provide technical leadership to teams of engineers and the cross functional peers.
The Team: Our athena.intelligence (a.i) team unleashes the power of athenahealths one-of-a-kind healthcare dataset by applying advanced analytics and machine learning to terabytes of data. We are a team of passionate, innovative engineers looking to make an impact and solve the most complex problems in healthcare using data.
- Partner with the Data Science and Engineering teams to build innovative solutions that scale our ability to learn from our growing network
- Create reliable and efficient processes to move, transform and report on large amounts of healthcare data
- Use your expertise in data modeling to deliver a well-crafted model that can be used by both Data Scientists and Business Analysts
- Develop and deploy code to production data environments
- 8+ years of experience in Data Engineering, building data pipelines and supporting Data Warehouses/Data Lakes at enterprise scale
- 4+ years of providing technical leadership for a Data Engineering team
- Strong experience with data warehouse design
- Proven track record of taking Data Engineering solutions from design to commercial release.
- Experience in an Agile development environment
- Experience working with cross functional teams that include Data Science, Analytics, Architecture, Product Management, and Customer Support
- Strong hands-on experience in object-oriented software design and engineering
- Experience using one or more modern high-level programming languages such as: Python, Perl, Java, or NodeJS
- Extensive hands-on experience with both NoSQL and SQL/RDBMS technologies such as Snowflake, Cassandra, Oracle, MySQL, and Microsoft SQL Server
- Experience working with public cloud technologies such as AWS, Azure, or GCP as well as container orchestration frameworks such as ECS or Kubernetes
- Experience with Unix/Linux systems and distributed computing technologies (Examples: Spark, Kafka)
- Experience with Microservice architectures and RESTful API
- Bachelors Degree or equivalent
- Our Vision:To create a thriving ecosystem that deliversdeliversaccessible, high-quality, and sustainable healthcare for all.
- Our Location:This role is based in Watertown, MA, just a few miles outside of Boston. Watertown is our Global Headquarters and our campus, the Arsenal on the Charles, is home toa number ofrestaurants, a local gym and large outdoor space. This office also has a cafeteria, coffee caf and food trucks that rotate every day.
- Our Culture:At athenahealth, our employees (or athenistas) are committed to making healthcare smarter. Our success is dependent on the diversity, collective spirit, and contributions of our people, clients and partners. We value teamwork and believe that the strength of our team comes from supporting each other and leveraging our specialized skills. If you are looking for company that will enable you to work outside of your comfort zone to transform the healthcare ecosystem, athenahealth is the place for you.
- Our Perks:Along with health & financial benefits, ourathenistasare offered a variety of perks that promote employee wellbeing such as commuter support (We were named one of the 2018 BestWorkplaces for Commuters!), tuition reimbursement, collaborative work spaces and dog-friendly offices - just to name a few.