We are looking for a Principal SDET to join our team within our product engineering organization. You will take the lead in defining a strategy for taking quality to the next level and help grow and guide an emerging function within our team. Your work will be integrated within the greater software development teams; hence your primary focus will be on understanding and advising on architecture, teaching good test habits, and aiding in designing and implementing hands-on lead in advancing our test automation. This will be a unique opportunity where you will be both hands-on as well as be in an advisory capacity. You will be responsible for the frameworks and infrastructure allowing you to elevate and display your own software design skill. In this role, you will have a great deal of influence in how we advance and mature our quality engineering approach. You bring expertise in industry best practices and will be advising on all aspects of testing strategy, testability, and team practices.
The Team: Our athenaClinicals team builds code that matters, working on the beating heart of doctors workflows that is used by over 100,000 healthcare providers daily. We build the interface that makes the interactions between these providers and the electronic health record as seamless as possible, and elevates what the doctor needs to see, when they need to see it. This team is innovative, passionate, and driven by our mission to help make an impact.
- Provide technical leadership and guidance in the areas of quality-first mindset and best practices, automation, system testing, performance and scalability
- Define a strategy for advancing automation for a significant area of the product, and take the lead in execution of that strategy
- Work with our engineering and product management teams to define the desired level of test coverage and then to achieve that coverage
- Guide and mentor additional SDET as we expand the team
- 12+ years of experience in a quality engineering role, with experience in an Agile environment
- Demonstrated technical leadership and strategic approach to quality engineering
- Experience in Selenium web driver, Selenium Grid and Cucumber
- Proficiency in Agile methodology for delivering product features development and testing
- Experience testing at every level of the tech stack. Youve written automated tests for a complex system including APIs and a modern web UI
- Expertise in testing tools, frameworks, test design and best practices
- Knowledge of Unix/Linux, SQL databases
- Experience with aspects of performance and scalability
- Experience with operational aspects such as logging, monitoring, troubleshooting
- Our Vision: To create a thriving ecosystem that delivers accessible, high-quality, and sustainable healthcare for all.
- Our Location: This role is based in Watertown, MA, just a few miles outside of Boston. Watertown is our Global Headquarters and our campus, the Arsenal on the Charles, is home to several restaurants, a local gym and large outdoor space. This office also has a cafeteria, coffee caf and food trucks that rotate every day.
- Our Culture: At athenahealth, our employees (or athenistas) are committed to making healthcare smarter. Our success is dependent on the diversity, collective spirit, and contributions of our people, clients and partners. We value teamwork and believe that the strength of our team comes from supporting each other and leveraging our specialized skills. If you are looking for a company that will enable you to work outside of your comfort zone to transform the healthcare ecosystem, athenahealth is the place for you.
- Our Perks: Along with health & financial benefits, our athenistas are offered a variety of perks that promote employee wellbeing such as commuter support, collaborative workspaces and dog-friendly offices - just to name a few.