We are looking for outstanding Software Engineers and Architects to help us build the world's most scalable and efficient data warehouse.
- BS, MS, or PhD in computer science, computer engineering, or related technical field
- 10+ years of industry experience working with large codebases (1M+ lines of code).
- Deep familiarity with low-level, backend coding concepts, including concurrency, synchronization primitives, CPU architecture, IO, and memory management.
- Familiarity with C++ and Linux/Unix.
At Ocient, you will:
- Architect extremely high performance, distributed systems to solve complex database problems.
- Manage complex software development projects, including writing project plans, timelines, and managing risks.
- Mentor junior software engineers and interns.
- Write clean, performant, and testable code, primarily in modern C++.
- Optimize code performance at every level, from data structures and algorithms down to assembly code tweaking.
See our other postings for job openings at other career levels.
Ocient is a Chicago-based, venture-funded startup building a SQL compliant, exabyte-scale database platform that achieves better performance than Hadoop and NoSQL systems. It is a distributed system optimized for NVMe drives, RDMA networks and high core count processors and is written in C++. We are led by a management team with seven successful startup exits, including Cleversafe which was one of the largest software startup exits in Chicagos history.