We are hiring a Principal Software Engineer to be the technical leader for Wayfairs Finance Engineering department. In this role, you will be our teams most senior technical visionary, developing our future technical roadmap, and ensuring that our engineering and data science teams are building a world-class finance and accounting platform. This new platform is a key pillar supporting the continued growth of Wayfair by enabling new and existing business lines to generate increased sales, collect revenue, and gain valuable financial performance insights with a minimal amount of initial or ongoing engineering effort.
Finance Engineerings mission is to build an enterprise-scale platform and software toolset that will support finance and accounting operations, report on business results, comply with regulations, and deliver timely and actionable financial information so that the Wayfair family can make great data-driven decisions as we grow rapidly in the near future. These systems support Wayfairs e-commerce activities, our global logistics and warehouse network, and all of our future streams of revenue, all of which generate a massive amount of financial transaction data. All of this must be processed through our systems to be validated, analyzed, and reported on.
This role may be based anywhere Wayfair operates in the US, or in Toronto. Occasional travel to one of our corporate offices will be needed.
What You'll Do:
- Serve as a technical leader and drive the future roadmap of Wayfairs Finance and Accounting platform
- Collaborate with stakeholders across product and engineering to understand pain points and drive initiatives forward
- Act as a trusted mentor and advisor to other engineers and help develop their skills while contributing with them on a variety of projects
- Leverage data to understand risks, priorities and scope of business objectives and develop near term goals and set technical objectives to meet Finances engineering and product vision
- Drive software development initiatives and API development across dozens of services within Finance Engineering and beyond
- Advocate for automation, quality, performance and scalability
- Show a passion for innovation and results by achieving them and driving communication to the broader Wayfair organization
What You'll Need:
- 10+ years of experience in engineering, with preference for candidates with a mix of start-up and large-company experience
- Domain experience in corporate accounting needs (AP, AR, GL, financial reporting, etc.)
- Hands-on experience driving software transformations within high-growth environments at scale
- Superior organizational and analytical skills with hypothesis-driven problem solving and turning data into actionable insights
- Excellent communication skills with demonstrated experience driving teams forward and ability to influence decisions
- Experience specifically with GCP, Kubernetes, Python, Java, Kafka, containerization, microservices, and large SQL server instances, along with other major languages, tools, and frameworks
- Master's degree or equivalent practical experience
About Wayfair Inc.
Wayfair is one of the worlds largest online destinations for the home. Whether you work in our global headquarters in Boston or Berlin, or in our warehouses or offices throughout the world, were reinventing the way people shop for their homes. Through our commitment to industry-leading technology and creative problem-solving, we are confident that Wayfair will be home to the most rewarding work of your career. If youre looking for rapid growth, constant learning, and dynamic challenges, then youll find that amazing career opportunities are knocking.
No matter who you are, Wayfair is a place you can call home. Were a community of innovators, risk-takers, and trailblazers who celebrate our differences, and know that our unique perspectives make us stronger, smarter, and well-positioned for success. We value and rely on the collective voices of our employees, customers, community, and suppliers to help guide us as we build a better Wayfair and world for all. Every voice, every perspective matters. Thats why were proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or genetic information.