The Runtime Infrastructure team is building Motionals next-gen onboard runtime framework. We are seeking a Principal Engineer that will lead the technical vision, design, and implementation for our infrastructure, enabling high performance autonomy components to reliably and safely operate on our vehicles at fleet scale.
As a Principal Engineer, you will lead the development of our next-gen framework that ensures the performance, repeatability, reliability, and testability of our cutting edge algorithms and autonomous functionality. This infrastructure also interacts directly with our simulation, performance tracking, metrics, and event analysis tooling.
Were building a framework that lets Motional iterate fast and execute even faster.
The Motional global headquarters are located at 100 Northern Avenue in Boston, MA. Nestled in the busting Seaport district with sweeping views of Boston Harbor and downtown Boston, the offices are located close to major transit lines and a quick walk to various restaurants and popular attractions.
What You'll Be Doing
- Use your expertise and experience to define the future of our on-vehicle software execution environment
- Lead designs and work together with specialized autonomy teams to determine the needs of the system and how to best meet those needs with a robust infrastructure
- Work with the team to drive implementation of these designs and incorporate feedback from the teams leveraging your designs
- Work across the organization to set priorities and accomplish Motionals goal of offering a world-class robotaxi, built for everyone
What We're Looking For
- Experience designing and developing performant and well tested C++ software and APIs
- Excellent communicator and can present complicated technical concepts in an understandable way
- Passionate and opinionated about building robust software
- You care about holding yourself and your teammates to a high standard of development
- You approach design and development with a holistic systems view
Bonus Points (not required)
- Experience designing and building infrastructure software
Experience with near real-time or real-time systems
Why You Should Join Us
- We are building out a specialized and focused team to build the next generation of our on-vehicle platform infrastructure and youll be a part of setting the vision and direction for it.