Principal Software Engineer
Who we are!
Brightcove is a global team of smart, passionate people who are revolutionizing the way organizations deliver video. Were hyped up about storytelling, and about helping people connect, share experiences, and view the world. Bottom line: video is the worlds most compelling, exciting medium, and Brightcove exists to demonstrate that video means business.
What we offer you:
- We offer flexible work options
- Generous PTO package & work life balance
- Diverse working environment
As the industry leader in this space, we empower our customers to deliver top-notch video experiences to audiences on every screen in bold and innovative ways. When video is done right, it can have a powerful and lasting effect. Hearts open. Minds change. Creativity thrives.
The position: Were looking for a Principal Software Engineer to join our Zencoder team. The Zencoder team is responsible for development and operation of highly sophisticated mass-scale cloud-based media processing and transcoding workflow.
How YOU will make an impact!!
- Contribute to technical development and evolution of the design of state-of-the art mass-scale cloud-based media transcoding workflow
- Work on implementing or integrating new or improved technologies, new features, improvements in architecture, or other improvements in the product
- Work on improved monitoring, performance measurements, and identification of bottlenecks and opportunities for future product evolutions and improvements
- Work with Customer Support and Account Management to respond to customer-related issues related to transcoding workflow
What we need from you
- BS in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, or related field
- 12+ years of software development experience; 2+ years of development experience using Elixir
- Deep practical knowledge of AWS capabilities and inherent limits of cloud platforms: APIs, regions, instance types, built-in job processing services (auto-scalers, load-balancers, lambdas, etc.), their limits, built-in and 3rd party databases (RDS, Redis, DynamoDB, MongoDB, etc.), storage systems, queues, caches, etc.
- Experience in design of high-efficiency distributed processing systems
Interested? Reach out to me directly, [email protected]
We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, or veteran status. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.