In February 2021, Constant Contact's former parent company, Endurance Group, was acquired by Clearlake Capital and Siris Capital. As part of this acquisition, Constant Contact was spun off to operate as a stand-alone business and Endurance has been dissolved.
We couldn't be more excited to continue the focus on building simple, yet powerful tools that help small businesses achieve their goals with our new partnership.
Constant Contact, Inc. helps small businesses and nonprofits connect with their customers, clients, and members. Constant Contact champions the needs of small organizations and provides an easy, affordable way to build successful, lasting customer relationships.
We are seeking a Principal Staff Engineer to design architecture and set technical direction for teams developing digital marketing software.
The ideal candidate will be technically strong, highly productive, and enjoy collaborating. Youve worked on platforms and services that are highly available and scalable. You understand that simple systems are easier to operate and tackle. You value simplicity at scale. You can balance speed and quality with iterative and incremental improvements. Youve made life easier for other developers and have motivated team members to make both design and technology improvements with your ability to lead and provide vision. You understand operational quality and how to instill a culture of providing technical leadership with your organization in a collaborative, agile environment. You find anomalies, architectural problems, and technological infrastructure that didnt trip any alarms and help to root cause problems before they become real problems. You have the ability to work at all levels of technology, from getting into the code all the way to presenting to large audiences and executives.
You will play a key role in determining the technical vision for a number of digital marketing domain spaces, as well as helping to communicate that to our product engineering teams.
You will also work on enterprise or business unit wide product features, determining the overall architecture to achieve the features, while working with multiple development teams to determine how they will each plug into the architecture to drive customer value.
Finally you will work with other senior engineers and architects to help the entire team evolve their technical skill set. Being able to communicate at all levels of the organization is critical.
What you'll do:
- Explore new technologies, architect and design end-to-end features and solutions across multiple development teams within the Constant Contact Product Delivery organization.
- Supports all architectural disciplines and champions architectural initiatives; Develop standards and implementation plans for the enterprise based on business requirements and strategies.
- Provides leadership, technology guidance and mentors others; develops, motivates, and directs staff to create a team environment.
- Lead technical design activities across multiple teams and ensure all technical hurdles are resolved to help teams deliver high quality product roadmap initiatives.
- Works with business leaders to understand business requirements and help them understand how technology tradeoffs influence strategy through firm data.
- Work to modernize our technology stack across multiple teams, languages and technologies.
Who you are:
- Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or related field with 15+ years of relevant industry experience.
- Sound knowledge of design principles, distributed architectures, data structures and algorithms.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and ability to collaborate effectively in a team environment.
- Expert software architecture, and data structures/algorithms, with emphasis on memory, runtime, quality and scalability.
- Experience with SQL relational databases and NoSQL databases.
- Experience with the command line, git, and other development tools.
- Experience with AWS cloud technologies.
- Experience with modern containers and CI/CD frameworks - Docker, Kubernetes, OpenShift, EKS, ECS, GKE, etc
- Experience working with multiple teams and departments on high level enterprise wide features.
- Have a complete view of the DevSecOps software development lifecycle. Architecting not only the code, but the pipelines, operations and quality strategy for software.
- Hands-on past experience building and operating highly-available, high-traffic web service.
If you are a Colorado resident and this role is a remote role, you may be eligible to receive additional information about the compensation and benefits for this role, which we will provide upon request. You may contact [email protected]
Why you will love us:
- In this era of COVID-19, we believe in putting our employees first and keeping them safe. We were one of the first technology companies to make significant changes to our office environments and team interactions, including mandatory working from home and safety procedures to enter our office space. We are committed to not require any face-to-face interaction for our employees until the data shows it is entirely safe for our teams
- We celebrate one anothers differences. Although we are proud of our culture of diversity and inclusion, we are working hard to strengthen and improve this culture. We have programs in place that bring us together on important issues and provide educational opportunities for all employees
- You will have opportunities to advance. We are fans of helping our employees learn different aspects of the business, be challenged with new tasks, be mentored, and grow
- We have got you covered. From 401k, generous PTO, tuition reimbursement, flexible work arrangements and excellent medical, dental, and vision - were there for you