Our Mission Securing the software that powers your world. At Veracode, we are focused on that mission every day. Veracode is recognized as a premier provider of SaaS-based application security solutions, transforming the way companies secure applications in todays software driven world. We provide our customers with a solid foundation on which to build security into their modern agile development processes.
The Technical Product Manager serves as the stakeholder proxy to the Engineering team, helping our Agile delivery teams in decomposing Epics and Features into actionable, validated user stories, and engaging deeply in the Agile development process.
Working as part of the Product Management team, they will work with a Product Management counterpart and customers to define, and prioritize the detailed product backlog, establish story acceptance criteria, drive content via prioritized user stories, obtain customer validation and accept stories, ensuring that the solution effectively addresses overall priorities. The Technical Product Manager specifically works together with other stakeholders to address internal and external workflows of the Veracode solutions, creating a strong user experience.
This position will be supported by senior Product Managers in fulfilling their responsibilities, and will increasingly work independently as they gain competence, guiding an Agile team to deliver value. While this position will be attentive to the needs of the Agile team, we are looking for a Product Manager who wants face time and regular interaction with internal and external stakeholders. This individual should also be familiar with building feedback loops between the Agile team and those stakeholders.
- Assist in building customer and user insights into all stages of the planning and execution process, ensuring the continuous validation of features and stories with Customers and users.
- Build feedback loops between the Agile team and the stakeholders
- Proactively analyze, report, and recommend changes to the product based on data from feedback loops
- Participate in Services and Sales Engineering technical enablement sessions
- Advocate for the customer when making trade-offs or prioritization decisions
- Work with other Product Owners to build a community of practice that incorporates strong Agile and Lean principles
- Analyze data gathered from product to understand how customers are using the product and identify issues
- Define acceptance criteria and success criteria for the team backlog
- Work closely with senior Product Managers to help realize a product strategy and roadmap
- Define Technical Product Management best practices and standards
- Mentor Technical Product Managers on the techniques with continued improvement in mind
- 8-10 Years Experience as a Product Owner or Technical Product Manager in an Agile environment
- Familiarity with open source community and ecosystem. Developer evangelism is a plus.
- Hands-on experience writing and releasing commercial software for developers as main users
- Technical knowledge of Linux, command line, Docker containers and Kubernetes
- Experience with software development processes and environments, build systems and CI/CD pipelines.
- Experience in defining the criteria for acceptable solutions (scale, performance, reliability, documentation, ease-of-use, etc.) and able to communicate and be responsive to a distributed, global team through multiple communication channels
- Ability to make clear prioritization decisions and work with a technical team in understanding tradeoff and design decisions
- Experience in mentoring other Product Owners on the process and best practices
- Ability to partner with stakeholders in the business on critical projects that support our strategic goals
- Preference for Certified Scrum Product Owners
- Preference for experience with application security or similar software testing and software quality workflows
The Veracode Way:
We Have a Passion and Commitment for Security
We consider security in everything we do. We act to preserve the trust our customers place in us.
We Help Our Customers Change the World
We deliver peace of mind to our customers so they can focus on the pursuit of their missions.
We Have Big Goals and Expect Big Outcomes
We are results driven. We take risks, compete boldly, and deliver valuable outcomes to our customers.
We Are Committed to Making Progress Together
We collaborate with each other, our user communities, our industry and together lead the world forward.
We Value Each Other
We value diversity. We have empathy for each other and assume positive intent.
We Are Proud to be Veracode
We have fun together. We honor who we are and work hard to achieve our potential.
More About Working at Veracode:
Veracode, is a leader in helping organizations secure the software that powers their world. Veracodes SaaS platform and integrated solutions help security teams and software developers find and fix security-related defects at all points in the software development lifecycle, before they can be exploited by hackers. Our complete set of offerings help customers reduce the risk of data breaches, increase the speed of secure software delivery, meet compliance requirements, and cost effectively secure their software assets- whether thats software they make, buy or sell.
Veracode serves more than 1,400 customers across a wide range of industries, including nearly one-third of the Fortune 100, three of the top four U.S. commercial banks and more than 20 of Forbes 100 Most Valuable Brands. Learn more at www.veracode.com, on the Veracode blog, on Twitter and in the Veracode Community.
At Veracode youll have the opportunity to eliminate barriers for our customers and earn a competitive compensation and total rewards package all while pushing the boundaries of whats possible by collaborating with a diverse team of global innovators. In short, Veracodes fun, diverse, and fast-paced culture has put us on the map as one of the best employers in Information Technology.
We offer competitive salary, company-sponsored premium Medical/Prescription & Dental Plans, company-paid Holidays, Vacation, Anniversary Service and Sick Days, 401(k) Plan, Education/Training Reimbursement, Charitable Gift Program, Adoption Assistance Program.
We are equal opportunity employers. As such, it is our corporate policy to fill positions with qualified candidates regardless of the candidates race, color, sex, age, religion, ancestry, national origin, citizenship status, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability, pregnancy, military status, veteran status or any other protected group status.