PRIVACY, DATA AND PRODUCT COUNSEL
Brightcove is a team of smart, passionate people who are revolutionizing the way organizations deliver video. Were hyped up about storytelling, and about helping people connect, share experiences, and view the world. Bottom line: video has the power to inform, inspire, challenge, amuse, and connect. And were here for it.
As the industry leader in this space, we empower our customers to deliver top-notch video experiences to audiences on every screen. Our customers are some of the largest media companies, enterprises, events, and non-profit organizations in the world. There are over 600 Brightcovers globally, each of us representing our unique talents and passions, and we have built a culture that values individual empowerment, excellence, and collaboration.
If what youve read above rings true, maybe youve always been a Brightcover at heart. Youre humble, hungry, and smart, and love taming the privacy beast and supporting product launches! You will be part of a close-knit (and occasionally sarcastic) team. Like any great team, we support each other and occasionally have to agree to disagree, and our team is stronger for it. We stand ready to know the Brightcove business, make quick (yet informed!) judgement calls, and have a meaningful impact on our organization.
- Lead the development and implementation of a comprehensive privacy strategy for Brightcove by being our resident expert on global privacy and data protection laws
- Develop programs and initiatives in collaboration with our Chief Data Officer to protect privacy interests while opening up revenue opportunities related to data, AI/ML and analytics
- Make privacy a competitive advantage for Brightcove by crafting privacy and data use policies and processes to keep Brightcove in line with - and ahead of - privacy laws and best practices around the globe
- Work closely with cross-functional stakeholders to understand Brightcove's data and information flows and contribute to our privacy by design methodology
- Negotiate DPAs and educate and support the sales and product organizations on privacy and related matters
- Lead the legal teams work with the product and engineering teams, providing insight as we develop new products and innovate across sectors
- Build scalable and effective processes for the legal review and launch of new products
- Draft and update model agreements for Brightcove products and services
- Collaborate with Brightcovers in other departments as a trusted business partner to achieve business outcomes without taking on unreasonable risk
- Minimum of 4 to 7 years privacy and data experience in a law firm and/or in-house setting, including at least 2 years experience managing data privacy matters at a technology company or working with technology clients (SaaS experience preferred)
- JD (or equivalent) and member of the bar in good standing
- Technical background - from work experience, academic background, or just life experience as a technology enthusiast!
- People-person, and ability to get along with co-workers and senior executives and earn their trust
- Attention to detail, ability to prioritize and think and act quickly while juggling varied projects
- Dedication to finding a way to get to yes while protecting the companys interests
- Common sense with uncommon levels of creativity and persistence
- Thoughtfulness about contributing to our culture and our place in the world
- Readiness to take on just about anything, and figure things out on the go!