Who We Are
ButcherBox is a fast-paced, rapidly-growing company headquartered in Brighton, MA. At ButcherBox, we believe in better. That’s why we deliver 100% grass-fed, grass-finished beef, free-range organic chicken, pork raised crate-free, and wild-caught seafood directly to our members’ doors. All of our products are humanely raised or wild-caught and never given antibiotics or added hormones ever.
We’re working to build a world that’s better for all, and we’re inviting everyone to come along. For us, better means treating our planet with respect. It means improving the lives of animals and the livelihoods of farmers. It means never cutting corners when it comes to doing business. Ultimately, it means better meals, enjoyed together. Our team is made up of people who collaborate and support one another. We’re always looking for outstanding people to join our mission!
About the Role
The Procurement Specialist will work on our in-house procurement team, who is responsible for end-to-end sourcing of all of our products. This role will mainly be focused on replenishment of inventory at our distribution centers and responsible for the day to day operations for the procurement team.
The role will be highly collaborative, working with others on the Merchandising & Inventory teams (both in Procurement), Operations Team and all of our meat vendors.
- Issue and maintain all meat Purchase Orders to fulfillment centers
- Actively resolve day-to-day procurement issues
- Manage weekly inventory levels across multiple fulfillment centers, including reducing storage costs and optimizing short term inventory turnover
- Oversee both raw material and finished goods inventory with suppliers
- SKU management (creation, maintenance, optimization)
- Review COGs and work with finance team to reconcile pricing discrepancies between POs and Invoices
- Onboard new products and new vendors
- Work with Merchandising to optimize inventory levels and avoid shortages/surpluses by maintaining and updating curated & custom box offerings, deals, etc
- Continually look for and suggest opportunities for process improvement
- Excellent vendor management skills
- Strong communication and negotiation skills
- Strong interest in meat and seafood procurement
- Extremely detail oriented, especially with numbers
- Self-starter with an eagerness to learn and grow, suggest changes, and challenge the status quo
- Flexibility to work in a fast-paced, sometimes ambiguous environment
What We Offer
ButcherBox strives to maintain a supportive and encouraging environment. We value autonomy and transparency, and allow our employees access to all levels of the organization. We're an equal opportunity employer, and we're proud of the steps we've taken and continue to take to promote diversity and inclusion in our workplace. We're open to remote work, and even encourage our in-office employees to work from home a couple days a week.
*Due to current circumstances regarding COVID-19, all of our employees are working 100% remotely for the foreseeable future
- Health: medical, dental, vision, and life insurance, an employer-funded HSA, and short & long-term disability benefits
- Financial: 401(k) with generous employer match, an annual discretionary performance bonus, profit bonus, and equity ownership in the company
- Time off: unlimited paid time off policy, an executive team that encourages a good work/life balance
- Personal growth: professional development opportunities, including free access to online learning programs
- Food: a free Custom Classic ButcherBox each month and weekly lunch reimbursement
- Others: subsidized commuter benefits and reimbursement for wellness membership
We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, veteran status, or disability status. We will ensure all individuals are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.