ezCater is the worlds largest online marketplace for catering a $60+ billion market just in the U.S. Businesspeople use us to find and order great food for meetings and events; restaurants and caterers use us to grow their catering business. Were backed by Insight Partners, Iconiq Capital, Wellington, Lightspeed, and GIC, and in early 2019 were valued at $1.25 billion. COVID slammed us, but we responded by finding new customer segments and seizing the rare opportunity COVID offered: when in life does a very successful operation get a do-over? Come help us power Food For Work even better than we did it the first time.
We are seeking an exceptional analyst to play a leadership role in our decision making process within our Product Team. At ezCater, everything we do hinges on an exceptional fulfillment experience. Our customers trust us to deliver for them (no pun intended), and our ability to consistently meet and exceed their needs is our greatest customer retention vehicle. Hitting this high bar requires constant improvement and the ability to understand what our customers need from us before they have to ask.
This role will leverage modern analytics approaches and draw from a talented, collaborative peer group to find opportunities across our Fulfillment product - and in doing so improve the experience of every ezCater user.
What You'll Do:
- Leverage a modern data & product analytics stack to understand and improve our ability to serve our customers. Partner across the Product, Research and Engineering teams to ensure that ensure that our Fulfillment experience delights our users and differentiates our offering for Caterers and Customers alike
- Serve as the subject matter expert for our Fulfillment experience, working in a consultative capacity across the organization to identify and address opportunities in the space.
- Drive an expansion of current testing methodologies, working in partnership with product managers in our service and operations teams to maximize the impact of our product investments.
- Inform our product roadmap through ad hoc analyses, experimentation, insight reporting. Work with Product Managers to translate insight into business outcomes.
- Add to our ranks of data champions across the company, contributing to our information-first culture.
What You Have:
- Have 3-5 years experience performing quantitative analysis, ideally with experience in marketplace or e-commerce environments
- Be able to explain complex analyses to stakeholders at all levels of the organization and translate conclusions into straightforward and actionable business terms.
- Proficiency in SQL and experience with modeling tools (R, Python) and common approaches (e.g. Random Forest, Gradient Boosting and Logistic Regression) as well as modern data exploration tools (e..g Snowflake, Tableau)
- Be able to explain complex analyses, and translate conclusions into straightforward and actionable business terms.
- Experience working with common product analytics tools (Heap, Google Analytics, Amplitude, etc.)
- Be able to own and deliver projects/programs both on your own and as a member of a broader team.
- Have at least a BS in a quantitative field of study, or the real-world equivalent
Starting Salary: $66,000 - $95,000
What youll get from us:
Youll get a terrifically compelling opportunity, in an environment of radical transparency, open access to all the data, and collaborative colleagues at every level of our organization. Youll also get sane working hours and great flexibility around work/life balance.
Have people in your life of any age who always, often, or sometimes need your help? We make room for that. Have a bad thing or a good thing happen to you? We make room for that, too.
Oh, and youll get all this: Market salary, stock options that youll help make worth a lot, the usual holidays, all-you-can-eat vacation, 401K with ezCater match, health/dental/FSA, long-term disability insurance, remote-hybrid work from our awesome Boston or Denver offices OR your home OR a mixture of both home and office (you choose!), a tremendous amount of responsibility and autonomy, wicked awesome co-workers, cupcakes (and many more goodies) once we get back to our offices, and knowing that you helped get this rocket ship to the moon.
ezCater is an equal opportunity employer. We embrace humans of every background, appearance, race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, and disability status. At the same time, we do not employ jerks, even brilliant ones.