Everyone deserves a home they love and a shopping experience that feels like home!
Were the Experience Design team at Wayfair, and were tackling exciting challenges that are reshaping how people discover, find, purchase and have goods delivered to their homes. Were a diverse, multidisciplinary team of world-class designers. Our design practice is collaborative, data-driven, and fast-paced.
Were tackling a wide array of fascinating, incredibly difficult problems - like helping a massive, rapidly growing global customer base efficiently find the perfect products from our catalog of >22M items, building a 2-sided marketplace to connect consumers with interior designers and contractors, and leveraging A/R and Computer Vision to help customers visualize products in their space. We have a modern tech stack including sophisticated capabilities around AI, data science, multivariate testing and personalization. And were a highly collaborative, supportive team that values learning, psychological safety and career development.
What Youll Do:
As a Product Design Lead for Perigold, youll craft easy-to-use and delightful experiences for customer-facing shopping experiences. Youll work with teams across Wayfair to strategize and design for our luxury retail shoppers.
You are skilled in digital product design, endlessly curious about customers passions, needs, and pain points, and love turning quantitative and qualitative findings into insights to drive product strategy.
Perigold is a disruptive force with no direct competitor in the luxury home space, offering luxury customers and professional interior designers a vast selection of their favorite brands.
- Design for the distinct needs and expectations of Perigolds high-value luxury customers with user research, brand insights, data analytics, and competitive analysis as your guides
- Learn how our luxury audience differs from the core Wayfair business, and become a go-to expert and luxury customer advocate
- Collaborate with our design systems team to identify and design enhancements to our design library to serve luxury retail customers and differentiate Perigolds brand; Champion the brand's design standards to drive brand consistency and evolution on the site and app experiences.
- Actively collaborate with the data analysts, engineers, QA specialists, product managers, content strategy, and UX research on product strategy and execution
- Champion best practices and promote the team's strategy to the larger organization, offering guidance, documentation, and socialization that enables quality at scale
- Apply your industry knowledge, deep design expertise, and customer understanding to influence product direction and create an unrivaled world-class luxury home shopping experience.
What Youll Need:
- Consumer-facing e-commerce product design experience
- Obsessive about design and craft: the highest level of craft/standards, deeply intentional design; An affinity for elevated typography and an aesthetic appropriate to a luxury brand
- Experience using or influencing branded libraries/guides
- Endlessly curious about the customers their passions, needs, and pain points.
- Communication, persuasion, and facilitation skills; effectively follow design processes and communicate the value of design; You tailor your presentation for the audience
- Experience in management of multiple stakeholders, positive approach in collaboration across teams
- Excellent self-direction, can take a large, ambiguous problem, chart a course, and execute against identified deliverables
- Complex problem solving, high analytical ability
- Skills in current design tools like Figma, Sketch, Invision, Framer, Abstract, and Creative Suite
- An online portfolio of case studies highlighting some or all of:
- Demonstration of full design process, including numerous diverse artifacts (ex. research, flows, sketches, wires, low- and high-fidelity designs)
- Meticulous attention to detail, high-quality UX design craft
- Use of branded design systems
- Bachelors degree or equivalent in Human-Computer Interaction (HCI), Information Architecture, or related field
- 5+ years of professional UX experience
Interested in learning more about Wayfairs Experience Design team? Check out our Medium: https://medium.com/wayfair-design
About Wayfair Inc.
Wayfair is one of the worlds largest online destinations for the home. Whether you work in our global headquarters in Boston or Berlin, or in our warehouses or offices throughout the world, were reinventing the way people shop for their homes. Through our commitment to industry-leading technology and creative problem-solving, we are confident that Wayfair will be home to the most rewarding work of your career. If youre looking for rapid growth, constant learning, and dynamic challenges, then youll find that amazing career opportunities are knocking.
No matter who you are, Wayfair is a place you can call home. Were a community of innovators, risk-takers, and trailblazers who celebrate our differences, and know that our unique perspectives make us stronger, smarter, and well-positioned for success. We value and rely on the collective voices of our employees, customers, community, and suppliers to help guide us as we build a better Wayfair and world for all. Every voice, every perspective matters. Thats why were proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or genetic information.