a team of designers, strategists, engineers, writers, researchers and product folks based in downtown Boston. Over the past ten years, weve quietly transformed home security from an outdated, unfriendly industry to something elegant, thoughtful, and beautifully designed. We put our customers at the center of everything we do. We care deeply about their experience and we constantly try to delight them with innovative products and services that are fairly priced. Our top ratings in the App/Play store are a clear validation of our commitment to customer experience. Plus, CNET, the Wirecutter and PCMag all named us their Editors Choice for home security.
In this hybrid role (2 days in office/3 days working from home) as a Product Line Manager for Alarm Systems, youll help define the future of home security and own the roadmap for SimpliSafes alarm products. To succeed, youll need initiative, resilience, and a customer-first mindset.
The ideal candidate for this role would have a strong track record of shipping hardware products and a proven ability to hire and grow key product talent. You have an entrepreneurial mindset, arent afraid to make decisions and have a passion for technology. In addition to developing the roadmap and setting high level strategy, you are also able to roll up your sleeves and get the job done. Youll make your decisions by diving deep into the data whenever possible, but be comfortable in the face of ambiguity to take calculated leaps of faith. You are also able to effectively communicate with leaders at all levels.
Your responsibilities include:
- Own the roadmap for NEW and existing alarm products -- base station (the smarts), keypads, sensors, etc.
- Lead and coach a high performing team of Product Managers to deliver against the roadmap
- Develop a deep understanding of our customers
- Assess competitors and technology trends
- Research and write detailed requirements that effectively capture the vision and business case for the product or feature
- Lead the engineering and design teams in making decisions that balance cost, timeline, and customer benefit
- Work with the marketing team to develop and support go-to-market plans
Youve got ..
- Bachelor's Degree in a technical discipline (engineering or science)
- Advanced degree (MS / MBA) strongly preferred
- 5+ years of experience in roles related to Product Management that includes building and launching hardware products
- 2+ years leading a team of product managers
- Passion for consumer products, especially electronics, apps, and smart home
- Data-driven mindset
- Willingness to roll up your sleeves and Get Things Done
- Strong writing ability, presentation and verbal communication skills.