The world loves Postgres. If you work with developers or data scientists or anyone wrangling data, youll probably see a sticker with the tusks and trunk of the Postgres elephant on the lid of a nearby laptop. EDB has a lot to do with that.
Weve been major contributors to Postgres since the beginning, and we are proud to call thousands of boundary pushing customers our partners. Proud though we are, we are not resting on our laurels. Theres plenty of work to do. The good news is that everything we do will impact Postgres, which is to say that it will impact the world. No pressure.
EDB is seeking a Director of Product Management. In this role you will work with a broad team of colleagues to bring excellent products to our customers.
Product managers need:
- To either haveor to be able to gainin depth knowledge of the product
- Expertise in dealing with the market, including target customers, analysts, and competitors
- the ability to work cross-functionally to ensure that a whole product is delivered across engineering, sales, and marketing
- Leadership skills
We are looking for a great Product Manager who has experience with driving forward complex technical products. Database experience would be ideal, but product management experience with an enterprise-class, data-intensive product is essential.
- Work cross-functionally within EDB, across engineering, marketing, sales, and other functionals to take ideas through the entire lifecycle, from ideation to productive use.
- Work with customers to understand and incorporate their feedback into our product vision while also being an effective evangelist for EDB and our offerings.
- Make decisions: work cross-functionally to drive clarity on priorities
- Bring an inquisitive, innovative & collegiate attitude to problem solving.
- Demonstrated success as a product manager for a complex, data-intensive offering with enterprise customers.
- Solid understanding of modern product management principles and product development processes.
- Solid understanding of database fundamentals (candidates dont need to be a database engineer, but do need to know about types, uses, and features of databases)
- Understanding of the Postgres ecosystem, used/managed Postgres
- Knowledge of OSS and OSS communities (not just Postgres, though thats a double plus!)
This position can be remote but EU/UK or US Eastern Time Zone preferred.
We know it takes a unique mix of people and skills to help us in our mission to supercharge Postgres, and we understand that not everyone will check every box. Wed love to hear from you and we want you to apply!
EDB is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. EDB was built on a commitment to trust and respect each other and to embrace an array of people and ideas. These values remain at the center of our culture and are key to our companys integrity.
Our US benefits package is listed here - additional benefits packages available upon request